Thread: Chrome Plated Arsenal SAM-7 Classic. Thoughts?

Chrome Plated Arsenal SAM-7 Classic. Thoughts?

This rifle has been my primary hog gun for years until the finish wear and blemishes became too unsightly. I decided to have it chrome plated for maximum durability. I took a risk because I like my guns to be black or blued. Not sure how I feel about the look of this chrome, but it's growing on me. What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Hard to see the actual color from that photo because at least on my computer screen it looks like a really nice milled rifle with a lighter blued finish.

My personal 2 cents is a chrome AK is ... well let me just say that being a collector, one that looks like it was dragged across the sandbox by a camel would look just fine.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I agree with Nut, it looks almost Parkerized with the coloring being more blue than olive green. If that is what it actually looks like I was pleasantly surprised. I could not even imagine a bright, shiny silver, AK.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Yeah sorry about the terrible lighting in the pic. The chrome is a matte finish so it's not shiny, more like a dull grey. I know this refinish will hurt its resell value but I'm not planning on selling it. Just hope it isn't an eye sore.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    there's your problem, you should have went with as shiny of a finish as possible. I honestly don't think it would hurt the value that much, these things are bought for practical value, so being all original isn't as much of an issue.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well I will say I'm glad to see it is a dull matt finish vs. high polish Pimptastic blingy! Me, I'd of KG GunKoted it. As a baked on finish it is very tough.

This is a satin black Gunkote finish baked onto a Polish kit I built up.