Thread: Is China still making new Polytech AK?

Is China still making new Polytech AK?

This may be a stupid question but I can't find the answer anywhere. I know Chinese AKs are banned from import into the USA but are the Chinese factories (ie 386) still manufacturing new Polytech AKs (possibly for their military forces)?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Poly Technologies was the import arm of the Keng family when they were granted exclusive rights to the line of rifles. They still run the parts depot and although importation of rifles and parts are banned, they still maintain a nice supply of parts.

The Chinese factory we know as 386 might still be producing their model 56 but I doubt they are using the Keng name of Poly Technologies.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's good to know that my Polytechs will keep its value or increase its value.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    As long as you take care of your Poly Techs they will definitely increase in value. The reason is that our government believes shall not be infringed can be over-ruled by import restrictions, and since all Chinese AK variants have been banned from importation, all that are here are all that will be here unless we get a major change in our current form of non-representative government. With all the new people getting into the hobby, the laws of supply and demand enter the picture. Fixed supply with increased demand guarantee the value.

In my opinion as a collector of Chinese rifles, even if the right of the people to keep and bear arms suddenly was no longer infringed, any new Chinese rifle would be looked at as just that, new ones. The old pre-Bush1 rifles will still retain value as testimony to a president that hated the constitution and stomped all over our rights.