Thread: Disney uses film to potshot gun owners

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Disney uses film to potshot gun owners

After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

So, a new group joins the victim disarmament culture. Not really surprising as "Bambi" was an anti-hunting movie.

Why do people feel that if they have famous relatives, and lots of money, they should be given the right to choose how the rest of us should live?

Screw Disney for this and for hiring cheap, overseas labor to work at their theme parks, while firing all their long term workers just to make more profit.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

A fun trip to the range will erase a child's anti-gun film experiences.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    A fun trip to the range will erase a child's anti-gun film experiences.
    The same thing can be said about hunting and fishing.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The same thing can be said about hunting and fishing.

I liked fishing ok growing up, but never took to it like shooting. These days I'll go fishing with someone else but I never plan my own trip. I never went hunting, so I can't say. Although I do have the urge to take an AK out for hog hunting. No limit on mag capacity or number of kills in SC.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I liked fishing ok growing up, but never took to it like shooting. These days I'll go fishing with someone else but I never plan my own trip. I never went hunting, so I can't say. Although I do have the urge to take an AK out for hog hunting. No limit on mag capacity or number of kills in SC.
    I loved doing both while growing up. Squirrel hunting, rabbit hunting, and deer hunting were big around here. As I got older and places to hunt got harder to find, I, slowly, got out of it. Plus, I found I could sleep warmer and more comfortably in bed than in a tree stand.

One summer, about 25 yrs ago, I took the whole summer off, (since I taught school summers were time off anyway unless I had a summer job) and went fishing in my canoe every single day, rain or shine. That was a great summer and I really enjoyed it. I haven't gone hunting or fishing in the last 5 or so years. I miss fishing more than hunting. Gotta get back in the habit of going again.

I love shooting, but again, it's a matter of finding a place to shoot. I'll get there. I've got a few guns I've never shot yet and need to break them in...

Freedom isn't free.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

FYI

This movie was produced my a relative of Walt Disney and not by Disney the company which had nothing to do with it. The headline is intentionally deceptive in order to catch your eye. While there are any number of reasons to dislike Disney, or most major corporations, this doesn't appear to be one of those reasons. Just pointing out the not so obvious.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Although I do have the urge to take an AK out for hog hunting.
    Hey! let's leave the Hillary stuff in the non-gun forum
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe