Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: “Remington Under Fire: A CNBC Investigation,”

Many years ago, I had an "AD" from my 700 BDL.
    I had laid the rifle down on the passenger seat of my truck and dropped the hatch to unload the magazine. Then I picked up the forend with my left hand and palmed the bolt upwards to eject the round in the chamber. When I did that, the gun fired, punching a hole through the inner and outer walls of the truck's cab, just behind the driver's door. The gun had NOT been fired that day but I don't recall if the trigger had been touched since I had loaded it earlier in the day. The fact that I "palmed" the bolt handle instead of actually holding it with my fingers may have kept me from getting a broken hand. When the gun fired, the bolt slammed backwards, sliding across the heel of my palm without really pushing my hand backwards much.
    To say I had something scared out of me would almost be accurate. Almost.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Judge rules no new hearing over Remington rifle complaints

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/20/judg...omplaints.html

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

As with anything that doesn't function the way it should, the ultimate recourse is to stop buying the suspect item. Since the problem doesn't seem to be going away, then maybe it's time for the product to go away, i.e., stop buying any 700 rifle and the company will have to discontinue making them and come out with something better....or not.

I own a 600, but not a 700, and have no plans to buy one.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

I've never owned a remington, i shoot savage rifles, but the 700 is probably the most popular rifle receiver used in local long range shooting. They're cheap and with about $600 of blueprinting they shoot as good as my savages

I've always had a problem with this law suit, something a little fishy about MSM outlet filing lawsuits

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234