Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: “Remington Under Fire: A CNBC Investigation,”

I've been hearing about this for at least 10 years. I believe its not an issue on newer guns

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Remington Settles 700 Trigger Suit

Posted on June 15, 2012 by Dan Zimmerman

We’ve reported in the past on the claims made by various parties that Remington 700 rifles that use the Walker fire control system have been known to fire without so much as a finger on the trigger. Well, one of the allegedly injured parties, Joel Lovell, hired the Houston class action factory otherwise known as the Lanier Law Firm. And the distinguished barristers issued a press release via PR Newswire and marketwatch.com peacocking the fact that they’ve managed to extract an undisclosed financial settlement from the Freedom Group company. The question is, will this be an isolated drip or the beginning of a deluge. Press release after the jump . . .

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-trigger-suit/

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    I am a fan of Remington rifles and like the 700 but the Walker is a goofy design and Remington has been aware of it for around 70 years or more so still using it even after a couple of hundred complaints and over 80 law suits by the year 2000 does seem to be a poor business decision on their part. Price of Remington Rifles will be going up real soon if they get hit with a deluge of lawsuits.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Senior Member Silicon Wolverine's Avatar

poor buisness decisions on remys part for sure.

i did get a huge kick out of teh fact the fudds are now taking heat for thier chosen implement of lead propulsion being more unsafe than an AR or AK.

SW

Well I hope it's nothing too serious for Remington, I mean the freedom group.

I like Remington's guns for the most part. I have an 870 and 700 Police and both are great.

The trigger on the 700 is SUPER light and crisp. I'd be surprised if it was more than 3 lbs.

Remington Agrees to Replace Triggers in ALL Model 700 Rifles

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...el-700-rifles/

Steve

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Remington Agrees to Replace Triggers in ALL Model 700 Rifles

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...el-700-rifles/

Steve
    didnt read the linked article, but the one i did read, it was more than just all 700's, it was pretty much every single bolt gun theyve ever produced. 700, 7, 710, 770, 600, 660, xp-100, ect...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Wow replace all triggers on Remington bolt guns since 1962! I would have one that fits that description but I have myself replaced the factory trigger with an Arnold Jewell Varmint trigger 1.5 to 3 lbs. crisp let off. I will not be bothering them for a free replacement trigger.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Wow replace all triggers on Remington bolt guns since 1962! I would have one that fits that description but I have myself replaced the factory trigger with an Arnold Jewell Varmint trigger 1.5 to 3 lbs. crisp let off. I will not be bothering them for a free replacement trigger.
    I wonder if you showed them that you have already replaced the trigger, would they refund your cost to you? I have seen some manufacturers do that when someone spends money fixing something that later is recalled.

on my dads gun. the screws were backing out on the trigger frame.

his gun would go off it you flicked the safety or taped on it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I wonder if you showed them that you have already replaced the trigger, would they refund your cost to you? I have seen some manufacturers do that when someone spends money fixing something that later is recalled.
    An article I read on the topic said that they would, probrably not 100% but they'd give you something.

******warning;: batshit crazy tin foil hat bullshit to follow*****

the thought crossed my mind when i read this, but i shrugged it off, until earlier today someone said the exact same thing to me to put it back in my head.

the conspiracy: backdoor gun registration. right now, there is no registry as to what guns you have. now remington comes forth saying, hey, just show us what bolt guns you have, then give us your name and address and we will send you free money!!! nice way to get a long comprehensive list of exactly what guns you have and where you live. and even assuming that is not the intent, they will still have said list, and who knows into whos hands it will fall.

iva never had a problem with any of my remmy bolt guns. even the one that was already recalled fro replacement years ago, the old style 700 that locked the bolt handle down when on safe. i love that feature, no way id ever let them replace that, or any other i have. in the event that i do, at some time in the future, start haveing one of these problems with one of my guns, im thinking theres a good chance id just eat the few $$$$ for the replacement trigger and keep my piece of mind.

I agree with that, no addresses. X-mark trigger out, Jewel triggers in or at least Timney triggers. either way, much, much better on the pull of a 700. Remmie 710., junk.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

We post on gun discussion web sites. We have posted many photos of our firearms over the last 15 years. I personally am not worried, I know that they know I have weapons and silencers. I am not going to bother with contacting them for any other reasons than I have a functional rifle, it's safe and I'm not going to pile on. Those that need the revised trigger should go get them. I just don't is all.

My rifle wasn't included under the first recall but it sounds like it will be under this one. Should I have it returned to them or just use as is exercising extra caution when using the safety?

Remington Model 700 Trigger Recall Not a Recall. Or Is It?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ll-apparently/

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Remington Model 700 Trigger Recall Not a Recall. Or Is It?

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ll-apparently/

Steve
    it seems that the writer of the article was also a bit confused with mixing the past recall and this new notice.

But wait, there's more...

Gun owners want new hearing in Remington rifle settlement after new reports of malfunctions

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/27/gun-...functions.html

Steve

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Looks like CNBC is creating news.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    Looks like CNBC is creating news.
    They have to. Other than the fake virus crisis and riots in Milwaukee, there's not newsworthy out there.

Time to dig things up and create some news that's worth "reporting."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast