Thread: What rifle should I hunt with tomorrow?

What rifle should I hunt with tomorrow?

Well, after being on 'vacation' this week and cooking a benefit dinner...Well, tomorrow is the last day that I can rifle hunt. Should I take my m1 garand in .308? .30 carbine? I did take a doe with my K98. So, I will have meat in the freezer. Scoped options are my Rem 700 ltr. .234.

I don't have any soft points for a Nagant, so that isn't really an option. M1a Springfield? Ar-10? Russian SKS? Polytech underfolder? Decisions decisions...Or should I hand gun it with a Ruger .44 mag? Ruger Deerfield? See my dilemma?

I have to go get the kids from school. Then there is a Christmas parade tonight. Getting up early in the morning. TIA for the advice! Keep in mind, that I probably won't be taking a shot longer than 100 yards.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Since 12/7 is Monday I think the Garand would make for a fitting Tribute Hunt.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I like Richard's idea, go M1 Garand in honor of Pearl Harbor day.

Thank you for the suggestions. M1 Garand it is. Will take some pictures. Wish me luck. I can take another doe. So, not sure if I will take the first shot. Will be taking a friend out tomorrow. Hope to post some more deer pictures.

How about one of those 'illegal' multiautomatic round weapons that Democrat Loretta Sanchez wants to ban?

http://bearingarms.com/multiautomati...paign=baupdate

Well, I took my M1 Garand in .308. Froze my ass off this morning. I took a co worker with me. We had a great time. I was really surprised that nothing was moving this morning as it was 24 degrees out.

After we broke for lunch. We talked for a bit, walked to the end of the property. Not too quietly either. On the way back. A turkey flew over, and we both really didn't have a shot. So we turned around. My buddy says. Holly shit! A deer! Not but 40 yards away just looking at us. It was a bigger doe than the one that I shot with the Mauser. I shouldered up and got the running deer in the sights. But missed. He thought that I got a hit, but I am pretty sure that I missed. No blood no hair etc. It was a great day. Perfect way to end the season for me. I will try to post some pictures from my phone. WV sure is a beautiful place.