Thread: Gator kills burglar hiding from police

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Gator kills burglar hiding from police

This gator should have been rewarded with a lifetime supply of carcasses rather than be euthanized!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/08.../?intcmp=hpbt4

A suspected burglar jumped in a Florida lake apparently hiding from law enforcement before an 11-foot alligator killed him, investigators said Monday. His hand and foot reportedly turned up inside the animal's stomach.

Brevard County Sheriff's Maj. Tod Goodyear says 22-year-old Matthew Riggins told his girlfriend he would be in Barefoot Bay to commit burglaries with another suspect. Authorities received calls Nov. 13 about two suspicious men in black walking behind homes and investigated. Riggins was reported missing the next day.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

His accomplice and his girlfriend should be charged with some kind of murder/manslaughter crime. Mr. Riggins died as part of a crime, seems fair.

While I understand the reason for killing the gator, I do feel sorry for the gator. I bet Mr. Riggins was not in an area normally frequented by swimmers. The gator was most probably not being aggressive, just acting natural to something that looked edible and should not have been there.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

They say that gator'd communities are safer..............................
    Dan
    Last edited by Dan Morris; 12-08-2015 at 05:19 PM.