Thread: Need your opinion on this brand new Romy drum

Need your opinion on this brand new Romy drum

This drum was delivered by Fed Ex less then 5 hours ago from a pretty well known gun store online. I notice when I go to close the lid the little square notch does not line up with the small cut out .I made sure the wind up lever is inline with the clutch inside the drum . I seen people on youtube who have these drums and the lid closes like a car door there's no moving the lid to have it line up with that little tang. Also does it look like that stamped piece with cutout is slightly off center causing the misalignment? Its not like you can just close this thing and it lines up .

Heres the drum with the lid resting and getting ready to close. Notice the offset tang

A close up

And here it is all the closed all the way? The red arrow on the right pointing to the stamped piece does it look off set and the one on the left has a slight gap in the notch .
    Last edited by sar32; 12-13-2015 at 08:24 PM. Reason: left out a word

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I have to wiggle mine to get it in place. Nothing to worry about.

With most AK stuff, just take it out and shoot it and if it works then leave it alone.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It looks like the tower is a bit tweeked to the left side of the photo.

Knowing how robust the Chinese drums are (rumors going 'round that the Romy drum was actually the Chinese way of trying to sneak them into the land of shall not be infringed) I would bet that you will not have any problems with it.

That said, have you installed the drum in a rifle? Just wondering if it is actually tweeked. If so when mounted it will be obvious if it is straight and aligned under the rifle or not.

that's funny you say its tweaked cause I noticed that too when its on the table

Just bend it onto place and get on with your life.

As long as it functions and feeds properly it will be fine.

BISHOP

They sent me a new one turns out this one had build issues they confirmed it in a letter they sent me

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by sar32 View Post
    They sent me a new one turns out this one had build issues they confirmed it in a letter they sent me
    Glad to hear the seller standing behind their product!!! Thanks for the update.