Thread: Is "confiscation" just around the corner?

Is "confiscation" just around the corner?

MODS - if this isn't the appropriate forum, please move accordingly. Thanks.

The following are excerpts from a NYT op-ed from April 2014 about the "No Fly" and Terror Watch lists. Now they seem to have changed their opinion. (I almost said "mind" but we don't know if they have a functioning one.)

And remember, at one time, the "Chappaquidick killer", Sen. Teddy Kennedy, was on the No Fly list too.

A 2007 audit found that more than half of the 71,000 names then on the no-fly list were wrongly included.
    This would be laughable if it weren’t such a violation of basic rights. A democratic society premised on due process and open courts cannot tolerate such behavior.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/19/op...?_r=1&referer=

As if that weren't bad enough, legislation has been proposed here in Illinois (HB4359) that would use those lists.

As for those lists, another poster put it this way:
    NO-FLY LIST Q&A:
    1. Q: How does a person get on the No-Fly List? A: That's a secret.
    2. Q: Who adds names to the No-Fly List? A: Bureaucrats and political appointees.
    3. Q: By whose authority are names added to the No-Fly List? A: That's a secret.
    4. Q: Can a person's name be placed on the No-Fly List for political reasons? A: That's a secret.
    5. Q: Does a person have to be convicted of a crime to be on the No-Fly List? A: No.
    6. Q: Is a person whose name is on the No-Fly List given the opportunity to face their accuser(s)? A: No.
    7. Q: Does a person's name remain on the list forever? A: Probably.
    8. Q: How many names were on the No-Fly List when Obama took office? A: 50,000.
    9. Q: How many names are on the No-Fly List today? A: 750,000.
    10. Q: Is the No-Fly List a dangerous affront to liberty? A: Yes.

WHAT DOES HB4359 MEAN TO YOU?
    IF THIS BILL PASSES AND YOU EVER END UPON THE NO-FLY LIST:
    NO ARREST
    NO TRIAL
    NO JUDGE
    NO JURY
    NO APPEAL
    NO GUNS
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

This whole liberal wet dream is predicated on an end run around "due process" laws and rights.

Just another aspect of Barack Insane's "transparent administration."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I laugh when I hear about confiscation of firearms. Can you imagine how many federal marshals it would take to confiscate firearms from over 100,000,000 owners? Especially if just one percent decide to fight back? The shot heard 'round the world would be a nightly occurrence.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

They do not have the muscle.

In New York State, the police and sheriffs outside NYC, have flat out refused to enforce new control laws. On police forums you see the same story, they will not go door to door.

When liberals are reminded or shown the above they say, "we'll just send in the military, they have to follow orders" well the military is the single most conservative organization in the USA, and as much as liberals would like, they are not mindless robots.

It would mean civil war, but it would be a short one, it would be the major cities, versus the rest of America. They could be starved out easy enough, and we have all the good equipment and all the people that know how to use them.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Has anyone here been on that No Fly list?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

How would we know unless we try to fly. Based on that I know I was not as of November. I will find out again in March.
    Last edited by ltorlo64; 12-14-2015 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Fixed typo.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shorthair View Post
    I knew people that had matching / similar names. It takes an act of GOD to get it straightened out. Back when they first started it there was no way set up to remove somebody.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

My thought is when Janet Napolitano labeled Right Wing Extremists as a National Security Threat. NST people would be put on the no fly list. Obama might say that people on the NFL can't buy firearms. So the DHS monitors the NICS background checks and when the person that is on the list tries to buy a gun they get a knock on their door...

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    They do not have the muscle.
    It would mean civil war, but it would be a short one, it would be the major cities, versus the rest of America. They could be starved out easy enough, and we have all the good equipment and all the people that know how to use them.
    Sheeple, I think they DO have the muscle.

Think about it. If you were to take just HALF of Romney's "47%" from the 20 largest cities and GIVE them all kinds of military weapons and GIVE them "free rein" on who to kill, they would have a huge supply of roaming marauders. Then they declare martial law (if they haven't already) and send in the military to mop up.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Confiscation will mean civil war. Period.

This is one move that the do-nothing congress would have to block. The military would likely act as well.

Nobody outside of obummer and his communist/muzzy brotherhood crew want civil war.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by shorthair View Post

how can one be put on a list without due process ??????????????????????????
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    how can one be put on a list without due process ??????????????????????????
    For a "transparent administration" it's not a problem at all...

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Tray Gowdy asked that question and the poor woman had no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Sheeple, I think they DO have the muscle.

Think about it. If you were to take just HALF of Romney's "47%" from the 20 largest cities and GIVE them all kinds of military weapons and GIVE them "free rein" on who to kill, they would have a huge supply of roaming marauders. Then they declare martial law (if they haven't already) and send in the military to mop up.
    Don't forget the DHS, the President's private army, that has unlimited arms, ammunition, and military vehicles at its disposal.

Why would Obama want an uncontrollable horde having weapons when he can have a controllable army under his command.

Freedom isn't free.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    If hypothetically a president decided to toss out the constitution and use federal troops with big guns against the infringed masses, those troops might find that they are not targeted, but they will no longer have a family to come home to. I hope it never comes down to it, but anyone blindly following a true rogue president would need to think twice about opening fire on we the people, of which they are a part.