Thread: This may be old but needs to be addressed

This may be old but needs to be addressed

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/12/news...#axzz3v4DzKSbZ

The .gov has turned the schools into test areas for these drugs, attention deficit disorder.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Teachers are no longer to restrain students that are out of control, so the kids are given drugs. My brother was a special ed teacher and he retired at the first chance he got because he could no longer use physical restraint (his hands) to stop a kid that was going around biting others.

Parents that don't teach their children right from wrong, don't have morals, and teachers not allowed to discipline children and must teach to a test developed by a federal government that has no business in the school, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Teachers are no longer to restrain students that are out of control, so the kids are given drugs. My brother was a special ed teacher and he retired at the first chance he got because he could no longer use physical restraint (his hands) to stop a kid that was going around biting others.

Parents that don't teach their children right from wrong, don't have morals, and teachers not allowed to discipline children and must teach to a test developed by a federal government that has no business in the school, and you have a recipe for disaster.

Interesting. I believe that is not an issue in South Carolina. I worked with Special Ed teachers last year as part of training for something else, and I personally witnessed a student being physically restrained for kicking a teacher. I was at another school when a child with an emotional disability acted out and had to be restrained and placed in the padded room. They have special restraining seats, wheel chairs, and rooms at the schools that have students with severe disabilities, at least from what I've seen.

In one case I offered assistance in restraining a student with emotional disabilities, but they couldn't let me assist for legal reasons, which is a shame considering I was the only male in the area.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Interesting. I believe that is not an issue in South Carolina. I worked with Special Ed teachers last year as part of training for something else, and I personally witnessed a student being physically restrained for kicking a teacher. I was at another school when a child with an emotional disability acted out and had to be restrained and placed in the padded room. They have special restraining seats, wheel chairs, and rooms at the schools that have students with severe disabilities, at least from what I've seen.

In one case I offered assistance in restraining a student with emotional disabilities, but they couldn't let me assist for legal reasons, which is a shame considering I was the only male in the area.
    My sister was a special needs teacher in California. Her specialty was emotionally disturbed children and she was not allowed touch a student except in self-defense. If a student was becoming disruptive she had to call for security to come and remove the student. I am not sure if this was school policy or California law, but I know it was one of the reasons she left. If was hard to feel safe when you could not control your classroom.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    My sister was a special needs teacher in California. Her specialty was emotionally disturbed children and she was not allowed touch a student except in self-defense. If a student was becoming disruptive she had to call for security to come and remove the student. I am not sure if this was school policy or California law, but I know it was one of the reasons she left. If was hard to feel safe when you could not control your classroom.

I'm going to guess school policy, but it certainly could be state law there. They will absolutely restrain emotionally disturbed children in South Carolina. It happens every day. I know of a middle school student being handcuffed and placed in a padded room just three weeks ago. I would continue to see those sorts of things but I'm not in that situation at the moment.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"