Thread: NY politicians smokin' crack again...

NY politicians smokin' crack again...

Brooklyn [New York] lawmakers seek to tightly restrict sales of ammo statewide

Bill would limit bullet purchases to twice the gun’s capacity

State lawmakers from Brooklyn announced on Monday new draft legislation aimed at tightly restricting the sale of ammunition in New York.
    See the rest here: http://www.brooklyneagle.com/article...ammo-statewide

So, that means I can only buy 200 rounds of AR ammo at a time?

Can you say "Pennsylvania Roadtrip"?

I'm REALLY getting tired of this knee-jerk reactionary crap. What's next? If a bad guy was wearing a blue shirt, NY will ban blue shirts to prevent "terrorism"?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Lots of terrorists is this country wear blue shirts, although I've noticed some switching to black lately.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

I'm afraid that ammo is next in the'play book'.Hope I'm wrong
    Dan

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    I'm afraid that ammo is next in the'play book'.Hope I'm wrong
    Dan
    Well, a gun without ammo is just an expensive club.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

And what's to stop a terrorist from buying ammo in another state? complete and utter nonsense. Just another gungrabbing POS taking the round about way. These fuckers should be shot for treason.

See, that kind of assault on the 2nd amendment needs to be addressed by constitutional means.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Here's something else that f'ed up and could spread if not resistance is met;

Judge upholds Seattle’s gun and ammunition tax
    Seattle City Council President Tim Burgess, who sponsored the city’s ordinance establishing the tax of $25 per gun and 2 or 5 cents per round of ammunition, commented after the decision.

“Then NRA and its allies always oppose these common-sense steps to shine light on the gun-violence epidemic,” Burgess said.
    “They have blocked funding for basic gun-safety research at the federal level for decades. But in Seattle it is different. Judge Robinson saw through the NRA’s distorted efforts to put gun-industry profits ahead of public safety.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...mmunition-tax/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I am surprised they haven't banned hoodies!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    I am surprised they haven't banned hoodies!
    Or Skittles.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    See, that kind of assault on the 2nd amendment needs to be addressed by constitutional means.
    And they use your money to fight you and force you to spend unreasonable amounts more to fight them!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

The problem is, judges don't address things by constitutional means (well, gun stuff that is).

If they by chance DO, then they apply the lowest level of scrutiny they can get away with and end up affirming an unconstitutional law because they did their best to disconnect it from the Constitution.

The Constitution is just a piece of paper. The judges are nothing more than government puppets. The last remaining form of true justice is the loaded weapon on your belt. Give that up and it's ALL OVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1558 View Post
    And they use your money to fight you and force you to spend unreasonable amounts more to fight them!

THIS... is what really pisses me off. We have to send our hard earned $$$ to NYSRPA to help pay for the anti-"SAFE"-act court costs, yet Cuomo and his band of clowns use OUR extorted tax dollars to fight his side in court.

F--king awesome. We have to pay to keep the SAFE act and we have to pay to fight it in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The problem is, judges don't address things by constitutional means (well, gun stuff that is).

If they by chance DO, then they apply the lowest level of scrutiny they can get away with and end up affirming an unconstitutional law because they did their best to disconnect it from the Constitution.

The Constitution is just a piece of paper. The judges are nothing more than government puppets. The last remaining form of true justice is the loaded weapon on your belt. Give that up and it's ALL OVER.
    I often wonder why the scrotus hasn't addressed a lot of things, my guess is they fear the blowback from the nwo if they kowtow to the people, or from the people if they kowtow to the nwo. I suspect it's in our favor if Resident 0bama steps on their dicks and keeps them pissed at him.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    About the Seattle ruling, according to the obamacare ruling by Chief Justice Roberts, as long as they call it a tax it is legal.

Taken to the next illogical level, if they can penalize you for not having obamacare by calling it a tax, what is to stop them from penalizing you for going to the "wrong" church by calling it a tax? What if they determine red cars cause speeding, so if you want a red car, just pay a tax?

The Seattle judge is just taking the Roberts decision to the next illogical level.