Thread: Did you read the 1985 Novel, V-3?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question Did you read the 1985 Novel, V-3?

Ib Melchior's November, 1985 Thriller, V-3 was not about the real German V-3 Wonder Cannons. , which was 2 Large Monster size Cannons Pointed at England and France. These Weapons were found before they could ever be used. However Iraq also had built one and were going to use in on Israeli When we Found it in 1991. In the Novel V-3 The Hero and his Wife, are trying to find leads to a long Sunken German Cargo U-Boat. That had been sunk just before the end of WW2. He is a former U.S. Army Intelligence Officer from WW2. He find out there is a very special Deadly Gas on that Sunken Cargo U-Boat. A Gas that could kill Millions at a Time. Some old Die-Hard Nazi Naval Officers are trying to find the Sub, and recover the Drums on it. The Book keeps you on the Edge. I happened to see it on Amazon.com, I recall reading the Paperback in 1988. Great Story. However at the end of the Novel, The Author Mentions that he really was a Army Intelligence Officer during the War. He also mentioned that he had interviewed a former Polish Man who had been forced to work in a Factory, and he recall making Gas, but did not say what type. Also the Number of the Sub, mentioned in this Novel. Was a real Sub, I don't recall the Number, but it was a Cargo Sub, and was Slaved off(Paid off) in March, 1945, and taken off the German Naval Books. Odd that there is reality mixed in with fiction. I strongly recommend reading this Book. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nope never read it, never heard of it until now. Sounds like a good read. I may have to look around and see if I can find a copy.

Not too far from the truth as to German ww2 gas development. They created the nerve agent type for the most part, but the US, UK, and Russia followed the German lead with their own types.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I saw the Book on Amazon.com
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Love those type of thrillers, check out Vixen 03 by Clive Cussler. Good read.

I have read all of Dirk Pitt, the best of all his Series. I wonder how much longer he can be the Head of N.U.M.A. I hope Cussler does not kill him off any time soon. It is funny how Cussler sometimes writes himself in to the Story Line. The funniest was when Dirk Pitt was out in the Middle of the Ocean Stranded, and all of a sudden here comes Clyde Cussler out of nowhere in a large Catamaran and picks them up. Plus he showed up on Dirks Wedding Day to buy one of his Cars he was selling. very funny Man.