Thread: New idea to kick my bad habits.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

New idea to kick my bad habits.

I've tried patches, nicotine gum, cold turkey, hard candy, and even e-cigs to quit dipping and smoking. Failed every attempt. I've come accept I'm not only an addict, but an addict who enjoys the substance in question. So I've decided to substitute Copenhagen for coffee grounds when the fits get too bad, and otherwise depend on my greed to overcome my urge to smoke.

For every pack of cigarettes and can of dip I don't buy, I'm going to reward myself with a box of 7.62x39. Started today. Went all day yesterday without smokes, but dipped all day. So I got 1 box of x39. I'll keep this up for a week or two and stay away from alcohol, then drop the dip too and buy 2 packs of x39. All in all, if I use all the money I normally spend on tobacco on food for my rifle, should be getting 7 or 8 boxes a week. Let's see if it works.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Good luck it is hard to quit. My wife hasn't managed in 30 years to quit though she always talks about quiting. Glad I never developed that bad habit.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I recommend giving the e-cgs another hard try.

I have lots of friends and family that have switched over, and while I'm sure its not 100% healthy, at least they aren't inhaling burning plant materials anymore.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I know someone who quit cold turkey after 40 plus years of smoking and he said he never felt better after a month or two of coughing crap up. Even his personality changed, likely due to being successful at quitting cigs and how he felt good instead of awful all the time.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"