Thread: A great article on stuff you already know but if you know an antigunner :)

A great article on stuff you already know but if you know an antigunner :)

https://reason.com/blog/2016/01/08/6...worthy-on-guns

This is a well written piece that articulates well WHY Obama's proposals don't work. Sure we all already know they won't, but this is really helpful if you know anyone is doesn't know and is curious.

If the idea that "Obama's trying to take away your guns" is an "imaginary fiction," it's not because he does not want to take away your guns. It's because political and legal realities prevent him from doing so. But for anyone who cares about the right to armed self-defense, the understanding that Obama does not like guns and reads the Second Amendment so narrowly that it has no practical meaning colors everything he does or proposes in this area.

Obamy keeps telling us he taught Constitutional law, when all he did was give guest lectures.

Even that's not true.
    What he did is give lectures on what HE thought the Constitution SHOULD say.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

That was a pretty good article. Don't normally like Reason but I have read a couple of good article from them in the last week or so. The only thing I wish the author would have refuted as the information is available is Obama telling the rape victim that if you try to use a weapon for self-defense the weapon will most likely be turned on you. The information I read recently showed that more often an armed target will disarm an armed criminal than the other way around.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member