Thread: It's the guns -- not mental disability -- that leads to massacres

It's the guns -- not mental disability -- that leads to massacres

The President needs executive actions that cannot be obstructed by Congress. That's only possible under a declared National State of Emergency for the Gun Violence Epidemic.

Some examples of executive actions that are necessary and would be blocked by Congress absent a declared National State of Emergency include universal REAL backgrounds checks, suspending the gun industry's immunity from lawsuits, monitoring ammunition sales and banning those on the terror watch list from buying guns.

No atrocity -- whether it's the massacres at Sandy Hook and Aurora or the terrorist shooting at San Bernardino -- will jolt Congress into action or stop gun lobby obstructionism. In fact, a day before the San Bernardino massacre, the NRA said there is no gun violence epidemic.

It is clear why a National State of Emergency scares the gun lobby and pro-gun lawmakers -- it would neutralize them. My organization is encouraging a petition. As we tune in to CNN's town hall meeting with Obama, here are my questions. What are yours?

1) Gun violence is a raging epidemic claiming 30,000 lives per year at a cost of $229 billion per year. Why have you not declared a state of emergency to halt the Gun Violence Epidemic?

2) Since the government is the largest purchaser of firearms, why not force the gun manufacturers to make smart guns (guns that will only fire if the fingerprint of the owner matches the trigger) by requiring that the government only purchase smart guns?
    Follow @CNNOpinion
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/06/opinio...rol/index.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

And they say liberalism isn't a mental illness. This Elliot Fineman guy is a raving lunatic and certifiable.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

And the firearms sales go up another 1/2 of a percentage point.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

and trump will continue to rise in the polls..

keep running your jib dumbo.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    1) Gun violence is a raging epidemic claiming 30,000 lives per year at a cost of $229 billion per year.
    I sincerely doubt that the number is so high... unless you add EVERY firearm death (suicide, accident, self-defense (citizen and cops)), then round up to the nearest 10,000.

As I've said over and over again, if someone is willing to pay the civil and moral cost of assault and/or murder, does anyone think the strongest, strictest "gun law" or tears and executive orders from our "Terrorist in Chief" will make ANY difference?

I am so sick of this shit... people whining about "guns" every single freakin day. It's enough to drive me to drink.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

drink the kool aid.................
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    And the firearms sales go up another 1/2 of a percentage point.

Half? The days before Zero's "executive orders" were the largest single days for gun sales. LINK

Preview:
    New federal data shows 2015 was a record-smashing year for the American firearms industry, with gun sales appearing to hit the highest level on record. Background checks for gun purchases and permits jumped 10 percent last year to 23.1 million, the largest number since the federal background check system began operating in 1998.
    The year-end surge happened partly in response to the mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., followed by President Obama's calls for more restrictions on gun sales. On Monday, Obama unveiled a package of executive actions that seek to curb gun violence, including conducting more background checks.
    Who needs to run ads or sales when you have the worlds greatest gun salesman right in the White House?

Thanks 0bama!

23.1 million NICS checks in one month. Assuming that most of them were probably approved, estimate about 20 million new firearms in American hands... in only a month or less.

Now, there are 12 months in a year..... do the math.

NOBODY can touch "We, the People". No feds, no cops, no outside country.

During WW-II, Admiral Yamamoto was afraid to invade the US mainland because he said "there's a rifle behind every blade of grass".

That was then. Think what we have now.

Come and take em!

(is it any wonder that the feds are scared shitless?)

just one waco/ruby ridge away from a 2016 Mariana turkey shoot.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    just one waco/ruby ridge away from a 2016 Mariana turkey shoot.

Question is, who's the turkey and who's the shooter?

guys on a payroll scared shitless

or

guys with shit to lose?
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I don't know and really do not want to know. It was like that stupid article "What would you rather be shot by
    a 7.62x39 or a 5.56x45?" phukin stupid.
    But the framers left many options in the Constitution.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I don't know and really do not want to know. It was like that stupid article "What would you rather be shot by
    a 7.62x39 or a 5.56x45?" phukin stupid.
    But the framers left many options in the Constitution.
    The problem is there are a group of people who are dedicated to shredding those options.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I'd need to give the Constitution a read since I haven't for a few years, but I don't recall anything in there about a "State of emergency" allowing a suspension of most of the Bill of Rights.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    George Bush the First took it to new standards. It wasn't just the "gun" but the features it had and what it looked like. "Evil looking weapons" were at the heart of his rant. He must have believed it because he banned certain features that he believed would cause an honest person to become a baby killing maniac. Of course it an imported rifle had those features, but no more than 10 imported parts then no problem.

So it was the firearm that caused a person to become mentally ill, per Bush1.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Half? The days before Zero's "executive orders" were the largest single days for gun sales. LINK

Preview:

Who needs to run ads or sales when you have the worlds greatest gun salesman right in the White House?

Thanks 0bama!
    2015 Record Year for Firearms Sales and NICS Background Checks
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

If Obama was smart he'd be heavily invested in gun stock. Every time he opened his mouth he'd make a fortune.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

There was an article in a 2012 issue of American Hunter by David Keene with the title of "You can't legislate Evil or Madness".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

One of the comments said:
    I’d like to see an article/editorial on that. Kinda like a “First 15 days of OC in Texas” kind of thing.
    Here's the article:

First 15 days of Open Carry in Texas
    By Roger Krupski, GNN Reporter, 14 January 2016

It's been two weeks since the State of Texas legalized open carry of firearms on New Year's day 2016.
    Despite worries of blood running the streets and "wild west" type of shootouts between neighbors,
    nothing has happened. We will continue to monitor this tense situation and report as events occur.
    (don't hold your breath).

Copyright © 2016 Gunsnet News Network, All Rights Reserved.