Thread: Left the house for a Chinese shotgun and found found a lot more.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Left the house for a Chinese shotgun and found found a lot more.

I was intending on buying a norinco shotgun from the surplus store today. a clone of the 1887. I got discouraged when i called my gunsmith. He told me he wouldn't own one because they are riddled with problems and the metal is softer then someone would really want it to be. I was going to pay $475 for the 1887 clone. He told me to come over because he has what i want. So i went to his shop instead and he handed me a belgian side by side that is in really nice shape. He says was made in the 1950's He charged me $100 for it. So i took it. (pics in a few minutes) I then noticed in his work area he had a stack of mosin nagants, mausers, four or five really dirty lee enfield number ones and a couple number 4's. I got curious so he let me dig through the pile. He was at an estate sale last week and bought someones collection. I told him i would like to have a number one. He told me to find one that works. So i looked them all over and picked out the one that looked the best overall. He let me swab the barrel out a couple passes and handed me two WWII era Canadian surplus rounds and told me to go try it.... here is where i started to sweat. I went outside and loaded the rifle. held it down by my side, turned my head away and squinted up my face really tight.. like that would help... I expected it to blow for some reason. pulled the trigger and boom. it worked. i loaded the next round and shouldered it and fired and boom the same thing. So relieved i went back in and told him it worked. He then said how does 200 sound. I pretty much could hear my heart beating in my ears with excitement. He then handed me a bayonet. Told me i probably want that too. My god. i am here now just beside myself, getting ready to clean the corrosive residue out of the barrel from the two vintage surplus rounds and will proceed to strip and scrub.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Very nice!

Reminds me that I need a vintage Garand....
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Nice socks. Rifle looks good, too.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

You have a great gunsmith! I have to tell you I find it funny that you have a gunsmith. Sounds like someone saying they have a lawyer! Too funny, and too cool. I think I need to get me a gunsmith!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member