Thread: Tapco G-2 Trigger Slap ??

Tapco G-2 Trigger Slap ??

How many of you own AK-47 's with Tapco G-2 Trigger Groups, that slap your finger to the point it's painful? I have 4 Romanian GP-1975 Models that all have G-2 Tapco triggers. Here is the deal. They all have beautiful pulls that break around 3 to 4 pounds. (One is about 5-1/2 pounds). They break nice and crisp. They're beautiful triggers, EXCEPT for the violent trigger slap that happens every time they're fired. Yesterday I was at the range shooting one, and it got to the point after about 40 rounds, I had to put a pair of shooting gloves on because it was getting so painful. If you're just playing around blasting you don't seem to notice it as much. But if you are trying to sight in off a rest, and are being somewhat precision with your shot placement, you really notice it. I've heard from others this is typical for all Tapco G-2 Triggers. Can this be fixed, or is it the nature of the beast? As I said this happens on all 4 guns. It's not inclusive to just one gun.

barely ever had any slap on G2's .

wonder if the tail end of the disconnectors are just a tad too long.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I use G-2 also and I don't have the problem you describe.
    Helen if they are "a tad" to long what would you do?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

grind them down.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Take a look at the part of the trigger that connects the two trigger bars that the hammer spring presses down on. You should see a shiny spot where the disconnector is hitting that cross piece. Remove the disconnector being careful not to lose that itty spring that likes to fly out if you are not careful.

Seeing where the disconnector is contacting that crosspiece, grind a couple of thousandths off of where it hits. Sometimes you get lucky and take just enough off the first time, but I have had to regrind a couple of times on more than one rifle to get enough off but not too much so that the disconnector no longer strikes the trigger crosspiece which is what causes the slap.

I have a Tapco G2 with no problem. In stalled by Marc Krebs. If you're still having problems call him at Krebs Customs.
    Nothing but the finest weapon construction and parts used !

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Since this thread has been brought back from the dead, I want to add that I have a MAK-90 which from the factory had a great trigger, so I was surprised to find a really gritty and overall poor feeling trigger on a recent purchase. A look at the trigger parts and was really shocked to see the Tapco G2 stamp on them. Very disappointed.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I installed a G2 the other year in my 2001 SAR-1 which had, over the course of 10,000+ rounds being fired through it, developed some slap. It immediately fixed the problem not caused it.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.