Thread: Apparently a Good Guy with a Gun Does Stop a Bad Guy with a Gun

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Apparently a Good Guy with a Gun Does Stop a Bad Guy with a Gun

Another scenario based test that finds that a good guy with a gun is more likely to stop a bad guy with a gun than just hiding or throwing staplers.

This is a good summary and commentary on the test.
    http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2614...op-mark-tapson

Here is the news stations actual report.
    http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/2016/...rt-1/78655818/
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Here's the only argument against using people in a testing scenario.

"The third participant, the woman, hit Clary's vest, and the fourth intentionally chose to hit the body armor. “I shot him in the vest on purpose. I didn’t want to hit him in the head, because it wasn’t real life to me.”

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2614...op-mark-tapson

No matter what happens, everyone knows it's a test and not real life.

For an more accurate "test" the only way to find out is to read newspaper articles and NRA's American Rifleman section titled, "The Armed Citizen." All of those accounts show what real people, who have a firearm, do in a real life situation.

I believe that if a good person is carrying when a bad guy attacks, they will do what they can to stop the threat, including using deadly force. They will try to protect whoever the target is, whether it's family,or not.

Most CCW's realize they are the first responders and by the time the police arrive, it'll be far too late to stop the threat, so it's up to them to stop the attack.
    Last edited by alismith; 01-20-2016 at 10:21 AM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

No arguments there. This does refute the Comedy Central Daily Show segment where one of their anti-gun comedians took the classes to get a CCW permit and then went through a similar scenario and failed miserably, though.

The parameters of hits were very unrealistic as well, at least I thought so. Even hitting a person in the vest will hurt and cause them to slow down. Hitting the shooter in the arm, as a couple did, when trying to fire a rifle will make that rifle much less effective. They were scoring based on kill shots not on incapacitation shots. I still found it useful and will keep it in my file of rebuttal sites/information when dealing with anti-Constitution/anti-freedom/anti-liberty people.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I pulled my weapon for the first time in a pub a few weeks ago when a 300 pound Samoan went ballistic and threw a chair at the lady bartender.

not sure If I caused him to leave but I am glad he did because I really did not want to shoot the dumbass.