Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those who are considering voting for trump

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Actually when you "vote" you're just saying "I really hope this guy gets selected".

That said, I'm a fan of Rand Paul, just as I was a fan of Ron Paul. Where I disagree with the two is immigration.
    Further study into the nature of free market economics will gove proper context to their border policies.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I sort of trusted Trump until I see him say in his own words that he hates firearms and would ban so called assault weapons. I don't think he's had some sort of conversion to understand the 2nd amendment in a year. I'm voting Cruz in the Primaries. Anybody that votes for Trump is putting their firearms ownership at risk. Too bad as I think he could get the economy running well again.
    I heard the same thing on the radio. It pushed me away from totally supporting him and going more with Cruz, but if he gets the nod, he;s got my vote over any of the Dims running. A "risk" is far better than a sure thing and the Dims have promised a "sure thing" in regards to limiting, or doing away with, any gun rights.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

All I can say is I disagree completely. Trump is the ONLY candidate who if elected will deal with the illegal immigrant problem. Voting for the Republican establishment is a vote for illegal immigration, importation of cheap labor (blue and white collar), and exporting of jobs via trade agreements like NAFTA or the pending TPP. Trump carries a gun and I don't see him as President supporting any gun control legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    All I can say is I disagree completely. Trump is the ONLY candidate who if elected will deal with the illegal immigrant problem. Voting for the Republican establishment is a vote for illegal immigration, importation of cheap labor (blue and white collar), and exporting of jobs via trade agreements like NAFTA or the pending TPP. Trump carries a gun and I don't see him as President supporting any gun control legislation.
    Using the force of law to prevent market demands from being satiated creates economic inefficiencies which decrease the overall quality of life. Trump and Sanders are both running on a platform of economic protectionism. Trump simply flipped his public stance on gun control in order to sell himself to conservatives.

Having a gun permit in NYC is evidence of corporate government cronyism, as all of the real patriots have their permits denied.

Also, when WW3 gets kicked off, the muslims and mexicans won't seem so bad.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

The economic troubles seen in America today are direct results of the existence of the federal reserve and free trade.
    Americans who support free trade are traitors.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    The economic troubles seen in America today are direct results of the existence of the federal reserve and free trade.
    Americans who support free trade are traitors.
    You're a stupid man if you believe that the federal reserve banking system is an example of free trade.

And considering your authoritarian tendencies, please call me traitor again. Being called a traitor by fascist supporters shows me I'm on the right side.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I sort of trusted Trump until I see him say in his own words that he hates firearms and would ban so called assault weapons. I don't think he's had some sort of conversion to understand the 2nd amendment in a year. I'm voting Cruz in the Primaries. Anybody that votes for Trump is putting their firearms ownership at risk. Too bad as I think he could get the economy running well again.
    I would like another candidate besides Trump to say something like this.

Pistol-packing GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump ripped a policy implemented by former President Bill Clinton making military bases "gun free zones," declaring that as president bases would no longer be defenseless against terror attacks.

"As Commander-in-Chief, I would mandate that soldiers remain armed and on alert at our military bases." he told the website Ammoland.com.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/tr...rticle/2567907

While this is not enough to get me to support him I definitely like it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Well then you need to watch him in his own words before his sudden conversion......You guys are being suckers, He's throwing red meat perfectly. Chuck Schumer and Hillary herself declare they support the 2nd amendment too....
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 01-30-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    You're a stupid man if you believe that the federal reserve banking system is an example of free trade.

And considering your authoritarian tendencies, please call me traitor again. Being called a traitor by fascist supporters shows me I'm on the right side.
    He said OF, AND read it again.

I have said Cruz all along. We will see.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation

We cannot fall into the McCain/Romney Trap again. No Candidate is perfect! Remember what happened with Romney he was Morman and 3 Million Voters stayed home because of that! and we ended up with 4 more Years of Obongo! We can't piddle over the good and bad of the Candidates. We must not, We can not allow the Whore of Babylon to become President! Were that to happen America would be in a Second Civil War, before her first Year of Office was done. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

I like trump.

But i am stuck with a French fruit that can't stop getting his hair done and taking selfies as a prime minister. Trade you "Boy Wonder" for Trump any day.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    We cannot fall into the McCain/Romney Trap again. No Candidate is perfect! Remember what happened with Romney he was Morman and 3 Million Voters stayed home because of that! and we ended up with 4 more Years of Obongo! We can't piddle over the good and bad of the Candidates. We must not, We can not allow the Whore of Babylon to become President! Were that to happen America would be in a Second Civil War, before her first Year of Office was done. Paul
    I voted for McCain and I voted for Romney and I will vote for the next nominee,
    I just want it to be Cruz.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Realistically, immigration (alien invasion) shouldn't even be a topic. IF Obama hadn't opened the borders, none of this crap would be happening, at all. Immigration laws were working just fine until Obama broke them.
    I have to disagree if you are saying the illegal invasion started with Obama. As we all know Reagan signed a bill granting amnesty in 1986. I worked for DOJ during the Clinton administration. During that time VIPs were often taken out at night with nightvision along the Southwest border and all would come back to D.C. with tales of massive numbers of illegals swarming over the border as soon as it would get dark. Nothing changed with Bush - a President who had two border Patrol agents put in jail for shooting a drug runner. And of course we now have Obama. IMHO Trump is the only hope.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I have to disagree if you are saying the illegal invasion started with Obama. As we all know Reagan signed a bill granting amnesty in 1986. I worked for DOJ during the Clinton administration. During that time VIPs were often taken out at night with nightvision along the Southwest border and all would come back to D.C. with tales of massive numbers of illegals swarming over the border as soon as it would get dark. Nothing changed with Bush - a President who had two border Patrol agents put in jail for shooting a drug runner. And of course we now have Obama. IMHO Trump is the only hope.
    Okay, maybe I was a little off in who started all this, but Obama has increased the influx by not only publicly announcing it to the whole world, but actively helping them get here. And, the invasion now is populated by higher numbers of muslims than ever before. These mulsims present a far greater danger to national security than any other group of invaders.

No matter who started it, it needs to be shut down. Trump and Cruz will do that.

While I've swung a little more towards Cruz, if Trump gets the nod, he's got my vote. ANY Repub is better than ANY Dimocrat.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Did you not watch the video at the link? If you didn't go back and do it ... NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Okay, maybe I was a little off in who started all this, but Obama has increased the influx by not only publicly announcing it to the whole world, but actively helping them get here. And, the invasion now is populated by higher numbers of muslims than ever before. These mulsims present a far greater danger to national security than any other group of invaders.

No matter who started it, it needs to be shut down. Trump and Cruz will do that.

While I've swung a little more towards Cruz, if Trump gets the nod, he's got my vote. ANY Repub is better than ANY Dimocrat.

First off, I really dislike the Obama administration, to put it lightly.

However, Obama has had more immigrants arrested and deported than Bush. Additionally, the economic downturn in 2008/9 sent a lot Mexicanos back down south. I know this from personal experience as well as an understanding of the events of the time.

I'm of the opinion that terrorism and immigration have been propagandized in order to distract the American people from their loss of liberty at home and the increasingly dangerous game of power politics and brinksmanship being played abroad.

To be honest, Hispanics have increased my quality of life more than they have decreased it, the market is better at determining the demand for labor in a given area than central economic planning, and the risk of being terrorized vs being victimized by the government is terribly unbalanced, with your risk of terrorism being near zero and your risk of government victimization being near 100%.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    First off, I really dislike the Obama administration, to put it lightly.

However, Obama has had more immigrants arrested and deported than Bush. Additionally, the economic downturn in 2008/9 sent a lot Mexicanos back down south. I know this from personal experience as well as an understanding of the events of the time.

I'm of the opinion that terrorism and immigration have been propagandized in order to distract the American people from their loss of liberty at home and the increasingly dangerous game of power politics and brinksmanship being played abroad.

To be honest, Hispanics have increased my quality of life more than they have decreased it, the market is better at determining the demand for labor in a given area than central economic planning, and the risk of being terrorized vs being victimized by the government is terribly unbalanced, with your risk of terrorism being near zero and your risk of government victimization being near 100%.
    You might want to do some research on Obama's deportations. Apparently if the Border Patrol approaches a bunch of illegals and they flee back across the border to Mexico the Obama administration is counting those as "deportations". As with most things, figures are skewed to make what ever point the current administration is wanting to promote. Little of it may be based in fact.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    You might want to do some research on Obama's deportations. Apparently if the Border Patrol approaches a bunch of illegals and they flee back across the border to Mexico the Obama administration is counting those as "deportations". As with most things, figures are skewed to make what ever point the current administration is wanting to promote. Little of it may be based in fact.
    You are correct Richard, sort of. When someone tries to come to the country through an actual manned border crossing station and they don't have a passport or visa and get turned away, this administration is counting that as a deportation. This is not how deportations have been counted in the past. When counted as historically done they are way down.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

At work if we stop a vehicle full of illegals and we call Border Patrol and ICE, they want nothing to do with them unless they're wanted murderers. We always end up simply seizing their vehicle and letting them go. It wasn't like that in the past.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Did you not watch the video at the link? If you didn't go back and do it ... NOW!
    I watched it - seemed to be an out of context splicing of comments, i.e., a hit job created by a nebulous group that seems to pimp for the Republican establishment. In any event, people change and evolve so the question is what does Trump think now. He certainly took a lot of heat attacking Obama over the fake birth certificate while a lot of so called conservatives said and did nothing. If not for Trump, the illegal immigration issue would not have become the #1 primary issue. Trump has been very clear IMHO about supporting the 2nd amendment with respect to recent comments. I like the fact that Trump is not a free trade supporter. Free trade to me is a code phrase meaning fuck the American worker. All these year of supporting Republican (so called) conservatives has gained people like us (i.e. forum members) very little. I am ready for a non-establishment candidate with some cojones. Although I like Trump, I will vote for any Republican candidate other than Jeb Bush.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast