Thread: The tunnel buster....

The tunnel buster....

LOL Gibbs is trying to out do themselves...

http://www.gibbsrifle.com/tunnel_buster.html

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Looks to me like the American version of the #5 Jungle Carbine (as stated in article). Nice idea, depending on how much it costs. How does the action compare, in strength, to a Mauser's action? I see the similarity between the two, but know nothing about the '03's strength.

If I saw it and the price were right, I'd probably buy it. It does look good.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I agree. I think it'd be a nice addition to my arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Looks to me like the American version of the #5 Jungle Carbine (as stated in article). Nice idea, depending on how much it costs. How does the action compare, in strength, to a Mauser's action? I see the similarity between the two, but know nothing about the '03's strength.

The 03A3 has a '98 Mauser action so it is just as sturdy as any other Mauser of that type. That being said what Gibbs is doing to these 03A3s makes military rifle collectors cringe.

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

If the price is right, I know of a few people (including me) that would want to pick one up.

I have a buddy that had one of their converted enfields that was a POS. Of course a sample of one isn't much for comparison purposes. Are Gibbs products mostly decent or crappy? I will say this rifle looks pretty cool but I do cringe a little if the mods aren't reversible.

I really don't have any desire for a rifle like this one. I can though see a desire from other people to own one though.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Their sniper rifles are the ones that interest me.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Their sniper rifles are the ones that interest me.
    Buy a bubba rifle for what it is worth. Now you have an action to have set up same as a BR rifle. Next choose a quality barrel and stock that fits. End result if the gunsmith knows what he is doing is a very sub moa rifle.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Buy a bubba rifle for what it is worth. Now you have an action to have set up same as a BR rifle. Next choose a quality barrel and stock that fits. End result if the gunsmith knows what he is doing is a very sub moa rifle.
    What about the optics?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.