Thread: The Vikings new season starts Thursday

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up The Vikings new season starts Thursday

Can't wait to see "my people" back at it looting and pillaging. From the previews I'm not sure where they are headed this season? Anyone else a fan?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Oh yeah. I've got the season premier marked on my calendar. It's a great show so far. Definitely a "must see."

It's going to be interesting to see what Rollo does, now that he's been left in Paris. I have a feeling he's going to turn against Ragnar, eventually.

And Lagertha, ooooooo, she's beautiful and definitely not one to mess with.

Can't wait!!!!!
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I was reading some place that Rollo was a real person and actually conquered what would be modern day France. Ragnar appears to me more a fictitious person or an amalgam of norse characters. Didn't the witch doctor guy they always go see tell Rollo he would marry a princess or something? I bet he ends up wedding the daughter of the French king. Whether he turns on Ragnar or they just go their separate ways I don't know?

In the previews it shows the tall gal Ragnar is married to now screaming or crying about something so I don't know if something major happens or not? Always figured he and Lagertha would get back together. Pretty sure they still have feelings for each other. Since my great grandmother was full blood Dane I always tell my wife that Ragnar and the others are "my people" so we have to watch and see what the kinfolk are up to each week.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I was reading some place that Rollo was a real person and actually conquered what would be modern day France. Ragnar appears to me more a fictitious person or an amalgam of norse characters. Didn't the witch doctor guy they always go see tell Rollo he would marry a princess or something? I bet he ends up wedding the daughter of the French king. Whether he turns on Ragnar or they just go their separate ways I don't know?

In the previews it shows the tall gal Ragnar is married to now screaming or crying about something so I don't know if something major happens or not? Always figured he and Lagertha would get back together. Pretty sure they still have feelings for each other. Since my great grandmother was full blood Dane I always tell my wife that Ragnar and the others are "my people" so we have to watch and see what the kinfolk are up to each week.
    Richard,

Tell your wife that your great grandmother was Ragnar's granddaughter. Maybe she'll start listening to you a little more.....

I remember the witch doctor telling Rollo that he had a very important destiny to fulfill and that he would become a leader. I'm guessing this was what he was referring to. My first thought was that Ragnar was going to be killed and when he faked dying from the sickness, I thought that was where Rollo was going to become the leader.

Anyway, it's going to be a very interesting season.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I have my DVR set to record it in case I forget about it. The show is simply badass.

Best show on cable.

Well tonight's the night. Think I'll watch the end of last season when I get home so I'm back up to speed on where they left off. It's been quite a while since it last aired and refresher might be nice.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Love the show. My people also.

Tonight's episode further showed why you don't mess with Lagertha....ouch!!!!

Starting off with a bang, that's for sure.

Freedom isn't free.

Thought it was pretty good. I agree about Lagertha. She's a cold bitch! I can't believe Rollo did what he did to his crew. I guess "in for a penny , in for a pound". Paris is going to be his last stand in his attempt for Glory and recognition.

Did anyone else notice Ragnar's reaction when his wife said he might never see his son again? I thought his head would snap off he turned so quick to look back at his son. I think he was going to call him back. If you remember he wasn't going to climb the walls at Paris until he saw his son start up the ladder tower then he went up after him. My thought is his love for his son may end up costing him in the end. As much as he plays the stern dad his children, especially his eldest son are his legacy.

For the previews I think we're getting ready to visit England again. If not with Ragnar at least we'll get an update on what's going on. From the looks of it that crazy bitch with the insatiable sex drive is back at it.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Agree with your comments. I was floored when Bjorn arrested Floki and called him a traitor. It appears that Floki is going to get a little revenge. He's, definitely, not a happy camper right now.

I got the feeling that Bjorn knew Ragnar was, eventually, going to free Floki and he decided the best thing for him to do was leave.

I like Floki. He's just crazy enough to be interesting....

Freedom isn't free.