Thread: New York man arrested and charged .... basically for NOT having his guns properly stored.....

New York man arrested and charged .... basically for NOT having his guns properly stored.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2527173

Guo Shou, 33, of Rego Park, had 225 pounds of gunpowder, tens of thousands of rounds of ammunition, bullet-making equipment, assault rifles and several bullet proof vests, according to Queens District Attorney Richard Brown.

The arsenal was discovered when officers conducted an administrative pistol licensee review at Shou's home Monday. The officers spotted the gunpowder and some of the ammunition lying in plain sight.

They then got a court order to search the entire apartment, located on 65-60 Wetherole St., which is less than two blocks away from Public School 139 Rego Park.

"It is extremely disturbing to find such a lethal arsenal of this magnitude in a residential community," Brown said. "Alone, the amount of gunpowder discovered was capable of igniting and causing significant damage to not only the defendant's apartment but to neighboring apartments and the building's exterior walls, as well as injuring or killing anyone unfortunate enough to be in the vicinity."

Shou was arraigned Tuesday night and charged with first-degree reckless endangerment and third-degree criminal possession of a weapon. He faces up to seven years in prison if convicted of the most serious offense.

All told, cops seized: 14 licensed handguns, which were not properly secured in a safe; two loaded licensed shotguns; one licensed rifle; approximately 45,000 rounds of ammunition for multiple weapons; two Kevlar body armor vests; and six Kevlar armor plates.
    So basically they're charging him with first-degree reckless endangerment because he has smokeless powder for RELOADING and third-degree criminal possession because his LEGAL firearms were not stored in a Safe when the cops kicked his door down.

And what DOUCHEBAG calls 17 guns a "huge weapons stockpile" or a "lethal arsenal of this magnitude". That's pathetic and ridiculous.

This sounds like complete and total bullshit. Go fuck yourself NEW YORK!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

That really sucks but I don't see where they kicked any doors down? Sounds like the guy could have tidied up before this "review" and avoided a lot of B.S.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I lived not far from there a million or so years ago, and so glad I moved to Indiana before the morons took over.

I guess 17 licensed firearms firearms is a lot if you live in a nanny state. Sad what parts of this country have become.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2527173

So basically they're charging him with first-degree reckless endangerment because he has smokeless powder for RELOADING and third-degree criminal possession because his LEGAL firearms were not stored in a Safe when the cops kicked his door down.

And what DOUCHEBAG calls 17 guns a "huge weapons stockpile" or a "lethal arsenal of this magnitude". That's pathetic and ridiculous.

This sounds like complete and total bullshit. Go fuck yourself NEW YORK!

WTF is a "licensed shotgun" or "licensed rifle"? That must be a new york CITY thing....

And, as far as "properly securing" anything in a safe, there is no legal requirement to do so (or, again, maybe this is a city thing?).

I do think 225 pounds of powder in an apartment is a bit much, but arrest the guy and charge him with crimes? WTF???

Just googled it. He is in NYC. Figures.

The rest of NY isn't like that.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Holy hell, if that headline stated this took place in North Korea it'd be more fitting. If I lived in NYC I'd be charged as a right-wing extremist militant terrorist for my collection, especially for having so many cups that can hold more than 8 oz. of sugary drinks.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

This is the reason why we can never allow Bloomberg to be President. He wants the entire country to have the same exact laws in NYC.