Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ran into another FUDD today, who thinks that no NON-hunting gun should be illegal

Ran into another FUDD today, who thinks that no NON-hunting gun should be illegal

I was in a music/audio store when I ran into this guy. It was just casual conversation until he lets it out that he hunts and is a gun owner. It was fine, until he started spouting about how 'semi automatics' should be banned (!!) and that most handguns should be locked up at some sort of public facility like a competition shooting club (like they require in England).

He went on about how he was an Army Veteran and I had to just quip "Too bad being around guns in the military didn't make you smarter about them'.....

I was so pissed. (rant off)

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

When I run into guys like that, I seriously doubt they really have any guns at all. I believe they say they own guns just to add credence to their liberal argument. If you know guns, they're pretty easy to spot as soon as they open their mouths. The first thing they say is they own guns, or they hunt, or they have a shotgun for home defense, then it's followed by "but, I really think some types of guns should be outlawed," etc.

The best thing you can do is walk away before your blood pressure goes through the roof. Just make sure they see you shaking your head as you leave.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I just tell people like him that they are indeed on the list of things to get rid of.
    They will look at you like you are nuts and then you tell them that what they have
    is a high powered SNIPER rifle. And since they hunt they practice at sniping
    and that makes them very dangerous to the .gov.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Sounds like a guy who is not only not likely a firearm owner, but also not likely an Army Vet. Seems to be a lot of that going around lately.

My father in law retired as a Full Bird and even though I never had the opportunity to ask him about the specifics,
    I heard him say a couple of times that there were certain types of firearms that the public should not own.
    Now I do not agree with this but I do have to wonder why he would of had these thoughts. I found out
    after he died that he was deeply troubled by what he did and ordered his men to do during his career in the
    military. He served in Korea and had multiple tours in Vietnam.

He was a hell of a man and I have more respect for him than all the men
    in my life. The Colonel earned his opinion and I respect that, I just wish I had had the
    time to ask what he meant.........

be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    I was in a music/audio store when I ran into this guy. It was just casual conversation until he lets it out that he hunts and is a gun owner. It was fine, until he started spouting about how 'semi automatics' should be banned (!!) and that most handguns should be locked up at some sort of public facility like a competition shooting club (like they require in England).

He went on about how he was an Army Veteran and I had to just quip "Too bad being around guns in the military didn't make you smarter about them'.....

I was so pissed. (rant off)

The thread title was so full of double negatives that it took me 5 minutes to figure out if the Fudd was pro-gun or anti-gun.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    My father in law retired as a Full Bird
    My dad was a Staff Sergeant in WW-II (B24 bomber nose gunner).

He wasn't anti-gun, but he had no interest in them (i.e. he never wanted to come to the range with me).

He said he was "all gunned out" and did "his fair share of shooting" in the war and had no interest in recreational shooting.

I guess the sound and smell would have brought back some memories that he would probably have rather left forgotten.....

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The thread title was so full of double negatives that it took me 5 minutes to figure out if the Fudd was pro-gun or anti-gun.
    HAHAHAHAHA! YOU'RE RIGHT! Sorry about that! LOL. I guess I was so flustered and angry when I was typing it that I slipped up. Won't happen again

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA! YOU'RE RIGHT! Sorry about that! LOL. I guess I was so flustered and angry when I was typing it that I slipped up. Won't happen again

No need to apologize. It's not like we're gonna send you to the Roadhouse!

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

My dad was a Staff Sergeant in WW-II (B24 bomber nose gunner).

He wasn't anti-gun, but he had no interest in them (i.e. he never wanted to come to the range with me).

He said he was "all gunned out" and did "his fair share of shooting" in the war and had no interest in recreational shooting.

I guess the sound and smell would have brought back some memories that he would probably have rather left forgotten.....
    That's understandable and respectable. He obviously wasn't a liberal since he didn't force his opinion onto everybody else!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    I just tell people like him that they are indeed on the list of things to get rid of.
    They will look at you like you are nuts and then you tell them that what they have
    is a high powered SNIPER rifle. And since they hunt they practice at sniping
    and that makes them very dangerous to the .gov.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    That's understandable and respectable. He obviously wasn't a liberal since he didn't force his opinion onto everybody else!

Oh he was certainly no liberal. He would have hated the way things are right now... including despising 0bama (for both reasons... his policies AND his race).

Funny thing is, as a kid I was as rabidly black racist as he was simply because if that's how dad thought, that's how I thought.

Then I grew up and realized racism was wrong.

Then the blacks went out of their way to make me a racist again (riots, looting, fires, shootings, knockout games, open racist hatred in the media, etc...)

So sad. I actually "reformed" myself only to be transformed back again.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    (Picture of Whitman)

Try to tell people that the average "hunting" rifle is more powerful and more accurate and more deadly than any "assault rifle", but they just don't get it.

They fall back on their media programming... "firing from the hip" (huh, how does the hip make it more deadly?) or "high capacity clip" (what does the capacity matter? Ever hear of RELOADING?) or "civilian version of a military rifle" (what does it's model number have to do with it's lethality?) or the newest buzz word "semi-automatic weapon" (as if "semi-automatic" is somehow more deadly than full auto).

Bottom line is ANY firearm can be deadly... if the PERSON HOLDING IT chooses to do the criminal and immoral act of pulling the trigger on a person in a non life-or-death self defense situation.

It's well worn out, but "Guns don't kill people - people kill people".

And you can't legislate legality or morality.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Try to tell people that the average "hunting" rifle is more powerful and more accurate and more deadly than any "assault rifle", but they just don't get it.

They fall back on their media programming... "firing from the hip" (huh, how does the hip make it more deadly?) or "high capacity clip" (what does the capacity matter? Ever hear of RELOADING?) or "civilian version of a military rifle" (what does it's model number have to do with it's lethality?) or the newest buzz word "semi-automatic weapon" (as if "semi-automatic" is somehow more deadly than full auto).

Bottom line is ANY firearm can be deadly... if the PERSON HOLDING IT chooses to do the criminal and immoral act of pulling the trigger on a person in a non life-or-death self defense situation.

It's well worn out, but "Guns don't kill people - people kill people".

And you can't legislate legality or morality.
    Fine then! Make new full auto's legal for us all in every state with nothing more than a nics check and we'll give up our semi auto's on a one to one trade.........(Don't tell the douchbags most are selective fire and we'll still have semi auto too LOL) I think that's a good deal.

Oh he was certainly no liberal. He would have hated the way things are right now... including despising 0bama (for both reasons... his policies AND his race).

Funny thing is, as a kid I was as rabidly black racist as he was simply because if that's how dad thought, that's how I thought.

Then I grew up and realized racism was wrong.

Then the blacks went out of their way to make me a racist again (riots, looting, fires, shootings, knockout games, open racist hatred in the media, etc...)

So sad. I actually "reformed" myself only to be transformed back again.
    I had the same thought process with my grandfather when I was a child; he hated blacks, and he still hates them to this day. When I became an adult, I realized that I don't necessarily hate blacks. Rather than saying it on this board; I'll just leave this video to clarify my positon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1vXZKr2cAQ

Anyway, back to the original topic. I despise Fudds who are willing to sell out all other gun owners; just as long as they can keep their hunting rifles and double barrel shotguns. They have no clue what the second amendment is really about, and have been brainwashed by the media and politicians. Most of the Fudds that I've encountered in my life are Democrats, and are on some type of assisted living.

Yeah I remember Whitman. I watched Walter Cronkite and CBS was showing it, as best they
    could. I was 9 at the time.

Wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman
    Last edited by l921428x; 02-16-2016 at 03:45 PM.

be the heat..

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Did he refer to "clips" or "assault weapons"? lol
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    Did he refer to "clips" or "assault weapons"? lol
    I didn't realize there were many FUDDs left. thankfully they seem to be a rare breed these days. divide and conquer will be much harder than it was 20 years ago.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Keep reminding the FUDDs that the intent of the second amendment was to allow the people to keep and bear arms needed for the security of a free state. When the state no longer becomes free, it is the time to bear arms needed to secure it's freedom. And is wasn't hunting arms used by the minute men or the other troops who risked everything for our freedoms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast