Thread: Two brand new DDI'S

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Two brand new DDI'S

1 Hungarian Underfolder in 7.62x39, and 1 Bulgarian AK74 with Hogue furniture. As of right now I have yet to shoot either one. But right out of the box I can say this much:
    The rivets are fucking perfect. I mean real nice domes, no flat spots, they sit flush on the receivers, and no indentation on the receivers. The finish is KG Gun Kote on both rifles. It looks great, but beyond that I know little about how well it protects the underlying metal or about how durable it is.

The Bulgarian 74 has a chrome lined green mountain barrel, and serial #s on BCG, bolt, and dust cover all match. Strangely though the front trunnion has no s/n. I think that's due to DDI chucking so many trunnions away because they did not meet the tolerances that DDI builds their rifles to. So the front trunnion is probably a mismatch.

The Hungarian Underfolder is pretty damn well the same story as far as fit and finish are concerned. The folding stock locks up very solidly. Almost zero wiggle when folded, and very solid when unfolded. Nothing shaky about this rifle. The barrel is also a green mountain barrel for this one, however instead of chrome lining DDI fenocites (what they call their nitriding process) the barrel. Supposedly this helps with accuracy, as well as providing "better" corrosion and wear resistance.

The sights on these rifles are by far the straightest of any AK I have ever owned. DDI says they sight their rifles in before shipping. I have a hard time believing that, do to the front sight posts being so damn near dead center. Lol

My photobucket is being a c u next Tuesday right now, so I will just put in someone else's pictures of theirs as a representation of what I got. I cannot wait to get these babies to the range and see what they can do!

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I hope they shoot as good as they look!!! Beautiful variants of the great AKM and AK-74!!!

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

I'm having hard time waiting until Saturday, I wanna shoot them now!
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".