Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gunmen kill 17 at party in Mexico

In the very end, f*** you guys who want to legalize this shit. You all sing pots praises, want it legal.....and when you DO, along will come the same social ills that come with alcohol, and then you'll want uncle sugar to pay to treat these dumbass people. NO. F*** people who are stupid enough to get on this s***. I'd just as soon have the addicts shot as help them. The answer with crime is not just to legalize it.......

the answer is to militarize the border, shoot every goddamn person crossing. F*** mexico, what are they going to do?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Ruskiegunlover View Post
    In the very end, f*** you guys who want to legalize this shit. You all sing pots praises, want it legal.....and when you DO, along will come the same social ills that come with alcohol, and then you'll want uncle sugar to pay to treat these dumbass people. NO. F*** people who are stupid enough to get on this s***. I'd just as soon have the addicts shot as help them. The answer with crime is not just to legalize it.......
    I don't think legalizing pot will lead to any social down grading.
    People smoke it now like its legal just driving down the road.
    You have alcohol thats legal and drunk driviers kill everyday and gives you a headache the next day, pot don't.
    Gambling is a family disaster but no one really cares?
    People read into the pot debate too much, its more natual than anything and people just can't see making money off it if its legal is the only reason they don't like it.

Investigators had no suspects or information on a possible motive.

Police found more than 120 bullet casings at the scene, most of them from .223 caliber weapons.
    I suspect these two lines are the only reason this article saw the light of day
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Dude, you seem to be equating pot with harder drugs such as heroin, they are not comparable. About anyone who knows what they're talking about can tell you that alcohol is worse and causes far more problems. I don't personally use it, but it should be legal, it's a joke that it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Sooner or later, their violence will come here, or our military will go there.

I'd bet on the former before the latter.

rage
    It already has. and the federal government won’t do a damn thing except put up signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    It already has. and the federal government won’t do a damn thing except put up signs.

Makes me fucking sick... theyre winning

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

I just read that 1500 national guard troops promised by the big O will deploy in 2 weeks.

1500?Sending pigs to slaughter.Sad,very sad.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Wow, you sure hate pot don't you? Have you ever smoked or ingested it? I haven't for many years - decades in fact but I know exactly what it is and how it affects you and its a much more benign drug than alcohol for a lot of people. It's stupid as hell to allow all of the revenue to go south of the border and fill up our prisons with people busted for pot charges.

If we legalize it, then it can and will be regulated just like alcohol and tobacco. And.... taxed. This will be in the realm of tens of billions of dollars of currently lost revenue - presently going to fuel the mexican cartels. The present situation is just stupid as hell.

I totally agree with your sentiment that followed this post - seal the border and get nasty with anybody daring to enter our country illegaly. But, also legalize pot to eliminate the drug cartel's income.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    I just read that 1500 national guard troops promised by the big O will deploy in 2 weeks.

1500?Sending pigs to slaughter.Sad,very sad.
    I'm sure you don't mean that the National Guardsmen are pigs - you mean it "like" sending pigs to slaughter... right?

The problem is that they will essentially be unarmed - or not allowed to return fire without calling mommy or some such bullshit.

They are supposedly going to be filling back-up roles - communications, supply, etc.? I don't know...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    I'm sure you don't mean that the National Guardsmen are pigs - you mean it "like" sending pigs to slaughter... right?

The problem is that they will essentially be unarmed - or not allowed to return fire without calling mommy or some such bullshit.

They are supposedly going to be filling back-up roles - communications, supply, etc.? I don't know...
    No these troops are not pigs but being lead to a slaughter.They need to cut the tape and allow them to the job right.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Legalization would do wonders for the Mexicans in reducing profits in the drug trade, although it would more then likely localize crime nearer to home for most of us. That is unless they also modify the work rules so that pot heads can't be fired for smoking, to do less would be to dreate a new class of unemployed stoners who would spend their days trying to raise the funds to buy a bag of their favorite blend. If you legalize pot you'll increase the number of smokers but without job protections many will run into issues with employment, basically you'll be increasing petty crime everywhere while decreasing major drug crime.

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Legalization would do wonders for the Mexicans in reducing profits in the drug trade, although it would more then likely localize crime nearer to home for most of us. That is unless they also modify the work rules so that pot heads can't be fired for smoking, to do less would be to dreate a new class of unemployed stoners who would spend their days trying to raise the funds to buy a bag of their favorite blend. If you legalize pot you'll increase the number of smokers but without job protections many will run into issues with employment, basically you'll be increasing petty crime everywhere while decreasing major drug crime.
    If it were legal I don't see how an employer could fire you for failing a whiz quiz. Now if you were caught smoking on the job sure, kinda like getting caught drinking on the job. I think petty crime would drop, not rise.

I am starting to lean towards legalization, only because like most everything in this country we are going to hell. Why not legalize drugs in the meantime too?

Again, FINE. Legalize ALL of it, for those too weak to avoid orresponsible behaviors......and to hell with them when they loose control. All safety nets do is teach people a lack of responsibility. Make it clear there will be NO tax funded addiction programs, nothing. So try it at your own risk......

Frankly, people who just can't live without their pot do piss me off. My life has thus far, despite challenges, been fantastic with all the ups and downs. I just picked up my BA this morning from wichita state university......I have experienced no loss of experience by not succumbing to weakness or immaturity and smoking pot. I drink in moderation. People who do this will to me, always be part of the problem. I am not funding the drug trade, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    If it were legal I don't see how an employer could fire you for failing a whiz quiz. Now if you were caught smoking on the job sure, kinda like getting caught drinking on the job. I think petty crime would drop, not rise.
    Chances are most workers in the US can be fired now if alcohol is detected in their blood on a test (seen it happen at numerous places). Most places I go to have a zero tolerance when it comes to alcohol/drug on the job testing.

I'm interested in why you'd think petty crime would go down? Do you believe the whole stoners are too lazy/unmotivated to do crime image hollywood likes to put forth or is there some other reason. My reasoning on why it would go up is mainly because you'd be increasing the number of pot smokers, as the numbers go up their employment goes down (lets face it most times the hard core smokers are not the best workers, let alone work rules against pot in your system). As their employment goes down they will still need money which will come from petty crimes. I've noticed over the years most of the hard core smokers I know also tended to get in trouble more with the law over stupid stuff like B&E, stealing from cars, shoplifting, etc... Travel to Europe and go to the areas where drugs are allowed, it's normally pretty crappy and crime ridden, I think drug use and a lack of a desire to work go hand in hand, so in the end it's either we pay for them (welfare) or they will get money the easiest way they can...

I'm really undecided on legalizing drugs, in some ways I think it's a good idea, in others bad. I know people who've done drugs for years and kept it in check, others dive right off the deep end and ruin theirs (and those around them) lives. I'm not sure trading Mexicans killing themselves for my house/car being broke in every other year is worth it to me (sorry not a smoker and will never be). If I understand it correctly we legalize pot, pot smokers get drugs somewhat cheaper (normally half the price if Cali is the model), the gov't gets a boat load of new taxes and my neighborhood probably slips alittle and I'm the victim of more crime... And then maybe we should touch on the aspect of drug use that happens because it's illegal, legalizing it might make those types advance to the next thing purly because it isn't so cool any more.

Maybe we should allow California to legalize it and see what happens, let them be the test bed for the rest of us...
    Last edited by mriddick; 07-19-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Mriddick, I've never heard of a company that had the policy of absolutely no drinking. Can you give me a few examples?

the problem with piss tests and pot being legal is this: alcohol is out of your system within 12 hours. POT ISN'T. So, its illegal for, lets say, airline pilots and cops to smoke pot on duty. How do you know then? Take a piss test that will only tell you if they have smoked pot within the last 6 months? How will THAT work? Will some professions, people not be allowed to smoke? But all others? What about teachers? Do you want your kids teacher taking a pot break? DO YOU WANT KIDS SMOKING POT EVEN MORE BRAZENLY? On their way to school? During lunch? Believe me, if legal, kids will get ten times more brazen about it. Cops don't stop kids for smoking, and if pot is legal like cigarettes, then will cops suddenly have another workload to moniter? Think they'll treat pot any differently then smokes? NO, they won't. Then I, as a high school history teacher, will be teaching doped up high school kids. And, it will STILL BE MY FAULT when YOUR doped up kids flunks, right?

But again, who will be the final arbiter of who is allowed to smoke pot, or more so, WHAT PROFESSIONS? Is it discrimination to allow some to, but not others?

What about the cop who tests positive to smoking pot? He may not have done it on the job, we'll never know. Maybe it was 3 months ago......or the surgeon, or the judge, or the airline pilot.....THESE people will still be kept from smoking pot by laws, regulations. And we will STILL have court cases over this.

Our country is surely going to hell in a handbasket.

the problem with piss tests and pot being legal is this: alcohol is out of your system within 12 hours. POT ISN'T. So, its illegal for, lets say, airline pilots and cops to smoke pot on duty. How do you know then? Take a piss test that will only tell you if they have smoked pot within the last 6 months? How will THAT work? Will some professions, people not be allowed to smoke? But all others? What about teachers? Do you want your kids teacher taking a pot break? DO YOU WANT KIDS SMOKING POT EVEN MORE BRAZENLY? On their way to school? During lunch? Believe me, if legal, kids will get ten times more brazen about it. Cops don't stop kids for smoking, and if pot is legal like cigarettes, then will cops suddenly have another workload to moniter? Think they'll treat pot any differently then smokes? NO, they won't. Then I, as a high school history teacher, will be teaching doped up high school kids. And, it will STILL BE MY FAULT when YOUR doped up kids flunks, right?

But again, who will be the final arbiter of who is allowed to smoke pot, or more so, WHAT PROFESSIONS? Is it discrimination to allow some to, but not others?

What about the cop who tests positive to smoking pot? He may not have done it on the job, we'll never know. Maybe it was 3 months ago......or the surgeon, or the judge, or the airline pilot.....THESE people will still be kept from smoking pot by laws, regulations. And we will STILL have court cases over this.

Our country is surely going to hell in a handbasket.
    Dude, you need to chill a bit, you're way too wound up about this.

It would have to be handled like alcohol. Also it being illegal doesn't seem to be slowing any body down, it just leads to other problems.

I don't think pot is anywhere close to being this countries biggest issue either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Mriddick, I've never heard of a company that had the policy of absolutely no drinking. Can you give me a few examples?
    I think you're confused, I said no alcohol in the system on a company drug/alcohol test, not a policy of no absolutely no alcohol (although I bet there are some out there). I'd go ask your boss what happens if you get into an accident on the clock then fail a OSHA drug alcohol test due to alcohol. I bet you'd be fired and I've seen this happen at International paper, Ownes Illinios, AFS amongst other places. As ruskiegunlover has pointed out the issue is alcohol is gone in 12 hours, how long is pot in your system tested for? One of the major issues in california with their legalization laws is workers are losing their jobs due to testing positive, there are stories in the news about this already.

Ruskiegunlover has also hit on the other aspect, kids and pot. One question I've asked in the past when people talk of legaliztion is whether they want their kids or grandkids smoking it, 9 times out of 10 it's no. But that's exactly what you are saying, except maybe you have someone elses kids in mind when doing so . Again I'm not exactly against the idea, I'd just like to know what's in it for me (as a nonsmoker). I think crime around me goes up, I don't think the gov't shrinks (it has more money), I doubt the police force will shrink (more money plus more petty crime), more slackers for me to pay for (again many drug users are not the most productive).

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/03/2...say-legal.html

Tens of thousands of Californians are obtaining medical marijuana recommendations from physicians so they can use pot without fear of arrest.

But they still can lose their jobs.

California's Proposition 215, passed by voters in 1996, approved the use of marijuana for a wide range of ailments. But it doesn't require employers to make accommodations or waive any workplace rules for legal cannabis users.

And a state Supreme Court ruling affirmed that medical pot use can get you fired by a disapproving employer.

disapproving employer.

Christian Hughes, 33, just found that out.

For five years, he was a manager at a senior citizens apartment complex near Redding. Unknown to residents, he used marijuana to dull pain from a jaw shattered in a car accident.

Recently, a new company bought the apartment complex and ordered drug testing for employees. "I tried to explain my situation," Hughes said.

After his test results came in last month, he was dismissed.

Joe Elford, legal counsel for Americans for Safe Access, an advocate for medical marijuana patients, said people such as Hughes don't have much protection.

"The California Supreme Court gave carte blanche for employers to discriminate against medical marijuana patients," Elford said. "However, that doesn't mean they have to."

Elford argued before the state Supreme Court on behalf of Gary Ross in a landmark 2008 case.

Ross, of Carmichael, was fired after 10 days as a lead systems administrator for a Sacramento firm, RagingWire Telecommunications.

He told a clinician performing a drug test as a condition of his hiring that he had a medical marijuana recommendation for back pain and spasms from injuries sustained in the U.S. Air Force. When the results came in, Ross was out of work.

The Supreme Court rejected his argument that he was protected from job discrimination under the California Fair Employment and Housing Act as a qualified pot patient under Proposition 215.

"Nothing in the text or history of the (Proposition 215) Compassionate Use Act suggests that the voters intended the measure to address the respective rights and obligations of employers and employees," the court ruled.

Advocates for private employers argued strenuously against legislation – advanced after the court decision – to ban discrimination in hiring or firing of workers for being medical marijuana patients.

The California Chamber of Commerce fought the legislation, Assembly Bill 2279 by then-Assemblyman Mark Leno, D-San Francisco. It hasn't eased its opposition to workplace protections for medical pot.

"It really boils down to this: An employer's right to maintain a drug-free workplace is critical," said Denise Davis, the California Chamber's vice president for media relations. "It protects the safety of all workers and limits exposure to potentially costly litigation."

Sacramento's largest employer – the state of California – has no policy in place when it comes to medical marijuana, said Lynelle Jolley, a spokeswoman for the Department of Personnel Administration.

Forty state agencies can dismiss employees based on tests for "reasonable suspicion" of drug or alcohol use. They include the Highway Patrol, Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of Motor Vehicles, Lottery Commission, California Public Employees' Retirement System and Museum of Science and Industry.

The U.S. Department of Transportation declared last year that workers from aircraft pilots to school bus drivers can't legally smoke pot, even in states allowing medical use.

In Rancho Cordova, GenCorp Inc., a major regional employer that relies heavily on federal contracts, has a strict anti-marijuana policy.

"GenCorp and its company, Aerojet, are a drug-free workplace," said spokeswoman Linda Cutler. "We do not accommodate medical marijuana. Under federal law it is still an illegal drug, and we are a federal contractor."

The Bee, another large employer in the region, requires job candidates to pass a drug test as a condition of hiring and makes no allowances for people with a medical pot recommendation. Drivers of heavy trucks face random tests. Employees from press operators to reporters may be subject to discipline for on-the-job accidents attributed to drugs, alcohol or performance-altering medications.

The pot issue recently arose in Michigan when a Walmart store fired Joseph Casias, an employee who had been using marijuana under Michigan's medical pot law for pain from sinus cancer and a brain tumor. Casias claimed he never came to work high. But he was fired this month after being tested for drugs following an on-the-job knee injury.

Leno, now a state senator, still hopes for a California solution governing medical pot in the workplace.

"When voters supported Proposition 215, the Compassionate Use Act, they didn't intend use of medical marijuana only for those who are unemployed," Leno said.

His 2008 bill would have allowed employers to fire workers who were impaired on the job. But it would have protected employees from being targeted because they have a medical pot recommendation or test positive for marijuana.

The bill passed both houses of the Legislature but was vetoed by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/03/2...#ixzz0uA09aN6O

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast