Thread: 101st Airborne Deploys to the Endless War in Iraq

101st Airborne Deploys to the Endless War in Iraq

This will be my oldest son's 5th deployment in 10 years - 3 previous in Iraq and 1 in Afghanistan. I guess it comes with the job but I hate to see him in a shit hole of a country with a bullshit training mission. Paul Bremer (under Bush) disbands the Iraqi military 12 years ago and now the American taxpayer has to rebuild it.

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/stor...iraq/80877934/

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

It was going a lot better till the Kenyan pulled out......Too bad his father didn't. Thank him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    It was going a lot better till the Kenyan pulled out......Too bad his father didn't. Thank him for me.
    Iraq was in really good shape when Bush left it. I had friends who were deployed there as peacekeepers and they all told me how quiet it was... people were outside enjoying the resurging local economy. You saw people at the markets, kids playing in the parks ..... you don't see that any more ..... Obama single handedly ruined them, and enabled the SLAUGHTER of tens of thousands of people in the region. He is a fucking disaster.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Please send your son a HUGE THANK YOU for his service to this great country. The problem with the middle east, short of the fact we have an America hating idiot running the country, is that although they have been fighting in the middle east for 5000 years or so, this is the first time in the short history of this country that they can take the fighting here to our soil. Making them realize that fighting us is a losing battle is a losing battle itself because unlike ending the cold war by letting the USSR know that if they hit us, we will hit back, and since they value life, they quit. Unfortunately the current "enemy" has no reverence for life, so they don't care if we kill as they value death over life.

Hard to win that one without some of "them" deciding life is worth living more than death is paradise.

Speaking of Russians I haven't heard much about isis lately since they got into it over there

Jet3534 hope it goes as his other deployments on a safe return
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Iraq was in really good shape when Bush left it. I had friends who were deployed there as peacekeepers and they all told me how quiet it was... people were outside enjoying the resurging local economy. You saw people at the markets, kids playing in the parks ..... you don't see that any more ..... Obama single handedly ruined them, and enabled the SLAUGHTER of tens of thousands of people in the region. He is a fucking disaster.
    This is one of the things that pisses me off the most about Obama. After thousands of American troops brought relative peace and stability in Iraq; Obama just threw it all away by pulling out all the troops and handing the Iraqi government to Iran. Not to even mention his encouragement of the rebellion in Syria; which in turn gave rise to ISIS.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Indeed and helping to oust Khaddafi and Mubarak was a brilliant plan too..... I only am thankful the egyptian army told him to fuck off, we know who the enemy is. You would almost think Obama was aiding the enemy....... Nah.... couldn't be.