Thread: At least 1,818 Clinton emails contain classified material

At least 1,818 Clinton emails contain classified material

CHARLESTON

At least 1,818 emails that Hillary Clinton sent or received contained classified material, according to the State Department’s latest update from its ongoing review of more than 30,000 emails.

The State Department released a new batch of 1,589 pages of Clinton’s emails Friday evening in response to a court order. Of those, 88 contain classified information. All are at the confidential level, which is the lowest level of classification.

None of Clinton’s emails was marked as classified during her tenure, State Department officials say, but intelligence officials say some material was clearly classified at the time. Her aides also sent and received classified information.
    http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...#storylink=cpy

Petraeus Prosecuted -- Why not Hillary?
    By Daniel John Sobieski

In was an interesting coincidence that as the Intelligence Community Inspector General Charles McCullough III was writing to the heads of the House and Senate Intelligence committees, among others, that Hillary Clinton had above-top-secret SAP (Special Access Programs) information on her private email server, Defense Secretary Ashton Carter, the Daily Beast reports, is preparing to demote Gen. David Petraeus, former CENTCOM commander and CIA chief for mishandling similar SAP information while in uniform.
    http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...t_hillary.html
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I keep thinking about how they rail roaded General Petraeus yet the queen to be gets away with murder.

They called Reagan the Teflon President, but he did nothing compared to the slick felons that followed.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

If a Kilnton breaks the law, they have the perfect response to it: just ignore it. After all, she is the smartest woman in the world, so she knows what to do.

I have an idea Petraeus wishes his last name were Clinton.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano says that if Lynch presents their evidence to a grand jury, “Mrs. Clinton will be indicted.”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ynn2iqIUzY
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano says that if Lynch presents their evidence to a grand jury, “Mrs. Clinton will be indicted.”
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ynn2iqIUzY
    The "if" means it won't happen. Barack will make sure of that.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

As someone with quite a bit of experience in the world of classified info, I do not understand how the Democratic Party thinks it's a good idea to run her. You can not copy and paste from a classified system to an unclassified system, you either have to print and scan, or burn to disc and transfer. It's not an oops kind of mistake. Any emails containing classified info took a deliberate effort to circumvent security controls. The excuse that some stuff wasn't classified yet is bullshit as well, the info that they were dealing in is classified from its birth since it was generated by classified sources, anyone in this world knows this.

If I had done 1/1000th of the spillage she did, which may have cost people their lives I would never see the light of day.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

I just realized why Bernie is staying in even though he has no chance against Hillary. He is betting on her indictment, if she gets indicted he wins, if he leaves early he loses his place in line.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    As someone with quite a bit of experience in the world of classified info, I do not understand how the Democratic Party thinks it's a good idea to run her. You can not copy and paste from a classified system to an unclassified system, you either have to print and scan, or burn to disc and transfer. It's not an oops kind of mistake. Any emails containing classified info took a deliberate effort to circumvent security controls. The excuse that some stuff wasn't classified yet is bullshit as well, the info that they were dealing in is classified from its birth since it was generated by classified sources, anyone in this world knows this.

If I had done 1/1000th of the spillage she did, which may have cost people their lives I would never see the light of day.
    Petraeus didn't even do 1/1000th of what Hitlery did and look where he is....

Freedom isn't free.

I just realized why Bernie is staying in even though he has no chance against Hillary. He is betting on her indictment, if she gets indicted he wins, if he leaves early he loses his place in line.
    Excellent point and, probably, spot on. I hadn't thought of it like that....

Freedom isn't free.

“An email containing the whereabouts and plans of murdered U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens passed through Hillary Clinton’s private server, dispatches released Monday in the final group of messages from Clinton’s emails reveal.”
    http://www.thecommonsenseshow.com/20...sador-stevens/

That is one darn big "if " !!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

When my father worked for a government contractor, he had the highest possible security clearance. It was before email, so when he called me at college it had to be over a secure line. He understood all communications could be considered classified. So how does a person in the position of Secretary of State, a very high position with obvious security classification not know that all communications should be over a secure server?

If the FBI doesn't give the DOJ enough dirt to send clinton two to jail, we as a country are truly finished as a country of laws.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    When my father worked for a government contractor, he had the highest possible security clearance. It was before email, so when he called me at college it had to be over a secure line. He understood all communications could be considered classified. So how does a person in the position of Secretary of State, a very high position with obvious security classification not know that all communications should be over a secure server?

If the FBI doesn't give the DOJ enough dirt to send clinton two to jail, we as a country are truly finished as a country of laws.
    The FBI already has given the DOJ enough dirt to send her to jail for 2 lifetimes. It's Barack's DOJ that's doing nothing about it.

Freedom isn't free.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have two e-mail accounts, one for classified information and one for unclass. There is nowhere that the two systems cross, the only way for classified information to end up on the unclass side is for someone to move it manually.

As for the contention that the e-mail was not marked or it was not classified at the time, it does not hold much water. Especially with the very highly classified e-mails. It is conceivable for information to be classified at a low level after it was made, but when you are talking Top Secret and higher it is hard to comprehend how the information was not classified when it was originally written. As has already been discussed, she, and anyone else with a security clearance who saw those e-mails, have the duty to report classified information that is not properly marked. It is amazing how much latitude the Democrats are willing to give her on this.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

This is from a friend, I hope there is no truth to it. As of this writing I have not had time to investigate as I normally do before posting.

The FBI confirmed to the New York Times months ago that Hillary is “not a target” of investigation. What is being investigated is the security of the official email server at the State Department, and why the last three Secretaries of State have all refused to use it. The FBI asked all three of them for their private email servers so it can determine why the official State server was so much less secure.
    I will add, it is known that the New York Times if pro-clinton.

This is from a friend, I hope there is no truth to it. As of this writing I have not had time to investigate as I normally do before posting.

I doubt it's true. If it were, they (the FBI) wouldn't be making such a big deal out of Hitlery using her own, unsecured server, plus the head of the FBI has sworn he would resign if the DOJ failed to prosecute her for this crime. They've given the DOJ all they've found on her criminal activities and are waiting for the hammer to drop on her.

Anyway, that's a far different narrative than what the CMSM has been reporting ever since this started.

Freedom isn't free.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

There is some truth to it as other Secretaries has used private e-mail and that is being looked at. The big difference is that Clinton had her own e-mail server and the other Secretaries used private e-mail services. I also believe there is a large difference in that Secretary Clinton used private e-mail exclusively while the others used it occasionally. I use private e-mail occasionally when I travel or am not at my desk so I can get information right away (and I always cc my work account for record keeping purposes). I cannot, however, use a private account exclusively or send classified material over any unclassified system.

Last, the Clinton camp is splitting hairs about what and who is being investigated. They say that Secretary Clinton is not being investigated, her server is, hoping that people don't realize that if the server is being investigated that means the owner is being investigated. The FBI has not said who is being investigated but we all know they confiscated the server so we know that is being investigated, or more correctly, is part of an investigation.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I guess being a clinton, we have to wonder what the definition of is is. I really detest people like this.