Thread: SLBM world record attempt

SLBM world record attempt

Two of Russia’s newest strategic nuclear submarines are ready to leave for the Barents Sea. One of them will shortly be launching 16 intercontinental ballistic missiles in one salvo. The Northern Fleet plans to repeat the Soviet military operation “Behemoth”, Izvestiya writes.

The two Borey-class submarines “Yury Dolgoruky” and “Vladimir Monomakh” are ready to conduct the exercise, but only one of them will be launching all of its 16 Bulava missiles in one salvo, the newspaper writes.
    http://thebarentsobserver.com/securi...record-attempt
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Are they at least aiming them towards ISIS?

BISHOP

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Knowing the Russians, the sub will be torn apart and sink due to the stresses of launching a 16 missile salvo. On the other hand the missiles will reach every major US city before our news media reports the sinking.

Anyone notice if King Barack and company are retreating to the end of the world shelter?

No obama just noticed the Chinese are building aircraft bases
    in the China Sea.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I just don't have the energy to dig an adequate shelter.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

The image of this thing bouncing off the ocean floor keeps running through my mind.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Two of Russia’s newest strategic nuclear submarines are ready to leave for the Barents Sea. One of them will shortly be launching 16 intercontinental ballistic missiles in one salvo. The Northern Fleet plans to repeat the Soviet military operation “Behemoth”, Izvestiya writes.

The two Borey-class submarines “Yury Dolgoruky” and “Vladimir Monomakh” are ready to conduct the exercise, but only one of them will be launching all of its 16 Bulava missiles in one salvo, the newspaper writes.
    http://thebarentsobserver.com/securi...record-attempt
    I hope they film it for the public. That would be awesome to see.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I hope they film it for the public. That would be awesome to see.
    There's a online vid made by some Russian sailors of their sub launching a missile from the icecap, but can't find it now.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"