Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 suspects conduct smash and grab at Carter's Country gun shop in Houston (surveillance footage)

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

10 suspects conduct smash and grab at Carter's Country gun shop in Houston (surveillance footage)

10 suspects broke into Carter's Country and ran out with bagfuls and armfuls of firearms.

News article:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/su...arters-country
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Siunds like a loophole.......
    Dan

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Great police response time........I would imagine the place has alarms?

I had seen that. You would think that with those involved. Too much temptation NOT to talk about it. They will get busted for sure.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Fast and Furious Part Deux, brought to you by Obama's sons.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Didn't they catch a few of them?

Yes they did. Just saw video.

You guessed it. He was a good kid.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/100674434-video

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Yes they did. Just saw video.

You guessed it. He was a good kid.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/100674434-video
    Oh yeah. He was a good kid, but just got in with the wrong crowd.... That's the only thing wrong (that and he got caught...).

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Oh yeah. He was a good kid, but just got in with the wrong crowd.... That's the only thing wrong (that and he got caught...).
    Sadly there is some truth to that. I know a woman whose son has had several brushes with the law and she was wondering why, what had she done wrong in raising him. I asked her if he ever got into trouble on his own and she said never. I suggested there may be a problem with the friends he has chosen. In small town America a group of teens teases the local law enforcement for fun and seldom is an arrest needed, inner city kids seem to go from teens having fun to teens committing felonies.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

If only we had universal background checks things like this wouldn't happen. There is no way you could steal 86 guns in 2.5 minutes if you had to get a background check for each one. It would take at least 15 minutes to do that.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Sadly there is some truth to that. I know a woman whose son has had several brushes with the law and she was wondering why, what had she done wrong in raising him. I asked her if he ever got into trouble on his own and she said never. I suggested there may be a problem with the friends he has chosen. In small town America a group of teens teases the local law enforcement for fun and seldom is an arrest needed, inner city kids seem to go from teens having fun to teens committing felonies.
    I would bet that this was not his first run in with the law. This is pretty brazen to rip the door off the store and then get as many guns as you can within a certain time limit before leaving so that you are gone before the police show up. I would hazard a guess that none of the people involved were having their first run-in with the police.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

I was surprised at how many firearms each was carrying given that most had to hold up their pants with one hand while carrying the guns with the other. I was also wondering why they left the 3 or so rifles on the ground when they left.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    I think it has more to do with upbringing and the values taught while they were young. When I was in high school, I knew which groups tended to do stuff that might get them in trouble (with the law) and which groups were just out to have fun (legal fun). My group tended to ride motorcycles after school and weekends, but that was about it. The other groups tended to drink and carouse into the late night and end up getting into fights with the kids from neighboring towns.

It depends more on the choices you make (depending on the values you were taught), which, in turn, determines the group you tend to hang out with.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    10 suspects broke into Carter's Country and ran out with bagfuls and armfuls of firearms.

News article:

http://www.click2houston.com/news/su...arters-country
    I was counting as they were grabbing... pistols: $600, $1200, $1800, $2400, etc...... and rifles $800, $1600, $2400, $3200, etc....

They got away with quite a haul... and they seemed to know which were the "good ones" to grab.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    If only we had universal background checks things like this wouldn't happen. There is no way you could steal 86 guns in 2.5 minutes if you had to get a background check for each one. It would take at least 15 minutes to do that.

^^^^^^should have done that in purple.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I should call the Houston Police as I think I recognize one of the robbers -- he be the omnipresent Dindu Nuffin.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

They are all good little boys. They are all aspiring rappers who are eagerly working hard to obtain their GEDs so they may become contributing members of the community.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

They are all good little boys. They are all aspiring rappers who are eagerly working hard to obtain their GEDs so they may become contributing members of the community.
    I thought I heard that some of them were heading to Ivy League Universities and MIT. They were just getting some collateral for their college loans.

Freedom isn't free.

Somewhat organized. One glass breaker, a couple rifle grabbers, and a bunch of pistol grabbers. Didn't see a dedicated ammo grabber though.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

It truly is amazing how many of these people aspire to be a rapper. Most of the people I know listen to Rock and Roll going back to say the age of 13, but I never met anyone who seriously aspired to be a Rock Star.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast