Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going Shooting Tomorrow. With some Newbs.

You can't really see, but the "pit" is down to the right. There is a building where the guys store their stuff. They are also FFL's and do transfers. I am lucky to have a place like that to go to.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Sounds like a good time. Thank you for taking the time to introduce some new folks to our world. You can only make a first impression once and it sounds like you made a good one with them.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I wonder how long it takes them to be getting laid again after that crap.
    Plus they just showed them how to use their gun
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Glad it went well, looks / sounds like a great place to shoot.

Sounded like fun for at least 3 people.What was the white pasty girl's problem? Did her girlfriend try to talk her into shooting? At least she sort of held a gun for the photo.

Quote Originally Posted by number6 View Post
    Sounded like fun for at least 3 people.What was the white pasty girl's problem? Did her girlfriend try to talk her into shooting? At least she sort of held a gun for the photo.
    Her "room mate" did try to get her to shoot. I ran into her at work today, and she thanked me for taking her to the range. I told her next time she needs to put a few rounds down range. (she told me that she was scared of guns....)

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Her "room mate" did try to get her to shoot. I ran into her at work today, and she thanked me for taking her to the range. I told her next time she needs to put a few rounds down range. (she told me that she was scared of guns....)
    Color me not surprised. The pure definition of a "Sheeple"!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Color me not surprised. The pure definition of a "Sheeple"!
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. Funny, she saw everyone else having a good time, but just couldn't bring herself to join in.
    If you do get them back, she'll be good for a .22 rifle. It's a pretty tame gun & doesn't make much noise. Not only good for plinking, but also the caliber that world-class biathlon shooters use.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

She might be "scared" do to a family tragedy involving a firearm. One never knows. I believe offering her another opportunity is a good first start. Perhaps just her and the "room mate" would work best. You never know, getting her over her "fear" might end up saving her life or the life of another in the future. If you keep the door open she might come around.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

If she is genually interested she may need some one on one time to become comfortable. The loud noise combined with peer pressure to not screw up can intimidate a "mousy personality" to not risk the embarrassment (applies to other activities too). A day of one on one (even if only on the .22s) and she'll have the confidence to go out with the others.

I have to commend you sir for doing this. It is VERY important to introduce new shooters to our sport. You are doing Yeoman's work here. Thank you!
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I wonder how long it takes them to be getting laid again after that crap.
    Not long because it is about something else.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

That is a ok attitude at least she said she was scared. Tell her to much salt has scared you from time to time
    and let her know there is nothing wrong with being scared. No pressure. You don't have to
    but if you ever wish to let me know.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Great advice. I think that next time it should be less pressure, less 'scary guns" and more emphasis on having a good time, and learning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12