Thread: Any Deadwood fans?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Any Deadwood fans?

Started watching the HBO show Deadwood this weekend and it's damn good. I'd heard about it over the years but never watched it. Lots of actors that I recognize from shows they did later on like the gal who played Skylar in the Breaking Bad and Timothy Oliphant from Hitman and Justified as well as Powers Booth and others. A little gritty and not kid friendly but boy is it good.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

The show was entertaining - I think it set the all time high water mark for the use of profanity.

I've heard rumors that they were going to try and bring it back long enough to give it a proper ending.

It would be good to see all those cocksuckers back together again.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Yeah, they do say cocksucker an awful lot and the profanity overall is kind of overdone even for a western in that time frame. I'm about halfway through the third and final season and still think it's a great show, cussin aside.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I don't get HBO so no I've never seen this show.