Thread: Gunbroker issues?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Gunbroker issues?

Wondering if anyone else is having problems with Gunbroker?

When I go to the site, I can bring up my home page, but after calling up one of my pre-set searches it brings the page up, then a few seconds later redirects to either something about "searchincognito" which I blocked, and now is redirecting me to other non-firearm sites.

Am currently running a full virus scan on my PC but wondering if anyone else is seeing this with Gunbroker, in which case they have been hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Wondering if anyone else is having problems with Gunbroker?

When I go to the site, I can bring up my home page, but after calling up one of my pre-set searches it brings the page up, then a few seconds later redirects to either something about "searchincognito" which I blocked, and now is redirecting me to other non-firearm sites.

Am currently running a full virus scan on my PC but wondering if anyone else is seeing this with Gunbroker, in which case they have been hacked.

Gunbroker comes up just fine for me...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

After the scan is complete, which so far at 89% found nothing, I am going to go to Gunbroker and change my password, then re-logon.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    After the scan is complete, which so far at 89% found nothing, I am going to go to Gunbroker and change my password, then re-logon.
    Sounds like a browser hijacker.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

McAfee full scan showed nothing found. Ran Microsoft Malicious Software removal quick check, found nothing but since McAfee found nothing, going to run full Microsoft scan.

I am running Google Chrome and one ad specifically targeted Google, so I decided to use the dreaded Internet Explorer and had the same results, getting on Gunbroker was ok, but within a minute or less of running any search I was redirected to other sites.

One of the Google redirect was a supposed update of Flash Player was available. I know this is a scam as Google Chrome automatically keeps Flash Player up to date so I should never get a need for update.

Going to do a few more system checks before contacting Gunbroker and seeing if they have had any other reports of site redirects.

Hackers make me sick!

Did a search and found I am not the only one having the problem. Gunbroker's own forum has a thread about it, and Smith and Wesson forum is reporting issues too.

Good I am glad that you were not compromised.

There are very few things that will make my wife use extreme
    language. Hackers are at the top.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..