Thread: Michael Keaton is still the best.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up Michael Keaton is still the best.

Another Batman is coming to the Movies a week from Friday, on Man of Steel 2. However I would take this time to point out the Excellent Ending from Michael Keaton, back in 1989, who still to this Day, remains the best of the Batman's we have seen. Plus no one could ever do the Joker better than Jack Nickelson. The ending with Tim Burtons excellent Soundtrack is priceless.
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 03-09-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I was never a super hero guy, but I always loved Batman. You see, he had no special powers. No laws of physics were broken. Just a wealthy brilliant athletic guy who fought for truth, justice, and the American way.

And btw, I love the original Batmobile.

Also, when I saw Kim Basinger in Nine and a Half Weeks, I nearly threw my shoulder out.
    Last edited by Altarboy; 03-09-2016 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Yep, that one was the best IMO. I wonder what ever happened to it. MTV did a big promo where they gave it away to the winner, but without an engine in it. (I guess Chevorlet wanted it back to put in a Corvette. FYI, Chevorlet DID supply one of their super corvette engines of the day for that batmobile)
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

The Batmobile was a Lincoln Futura. They were uber expensive and looked pretty much like the batmobile. Only police lights and the jet exhaust were added. There were about four made.

Also, the latest batman movies have been way too dark for kids.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Michael Keaton played the role very well, but I personally think Christian Bale was just a hair better., at least as far as playing the part of Bruce Wayne.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    I was never a super hero guy, but I always loved Batman. You see, he had no special powers. No laws of physics were broken. Just a wealthy brilliant athletic guy who fought for truth, justice, and the American way.

Also, when I saw Kim Basinger in Nine and a Half Weeks, I nearly threw my shoulder out.
    AB - do you remember another "non-super" hero by writer Lee Falk? He wasn't "American" but fought the same fight world-wide. He used a horse and a wolf-dog with twin .45s, all while wearing a purple bodysuit.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117331/...m_flmg_act_112

AP - that is because Bale had a more "aristocratic demeanor" (or bearing) than Keaton.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 03-11-2016 at 12:09 AM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

"And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"