Thread: Anyone know what 10 Cloverfield Lane is about?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question Anyone know what 10 Cloverfield Lane is about?

It is a J.J. Abrams Movie, but I am wondering what it is they are in a Bomb Shelter for. Nuclear War, Zombies, Aliens, Foreign Invaders. ect. Not sure if I want to see it yet. The Trailer don't really tell much neither. If anyone goes to see it today, please post. It seems like one of those films where everyone just sits around till the end of the Movie, and finally finds out what happened. Reminds me of the new Outer Limits Shows from the 1990's.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I'm thinking it's a take off of the 2008 movie, Cloverfield where some big ole Godzilla like monster terrorizes a city, (filmed Blair Witch style) but you never actually see the monster.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1060277/

That's my take on it anyway.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

From what I understand; it's a spinoff from the 2008 film known as Cloverfield. It apparently takes place after the events of Cloverfield. The female character wakes up in the bomb shelter after having some kind of accident; and the male characters explain to her that they saved her life; and that the outside world is a wasteland. She isn't sure if she believes them, and thinks that they might just be psychos who kidnapped her. Of course, it looks as if they're telling her the truth once you see the end of the trailer; and based on the expression on her face. I was a fan of the 2008 film, so I'm definitely going to check it out once I have time.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I read a review and they said it's not actually a sequel to "Cloverfield"

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Maybe it happens at the same time as the "Cloverfield" movie, just a different location and different monster.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

You listen to the preview on TV, right at the very end there is that creature howl. At first you think a space alien ship sound but its that echoing creature sound.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    As I said before, I believe that it's a spinoff from Cloverfield. Kind of like what Better Call Saul is to Breaking Bad. It takes place in the same universe from what I understand.

Ok, I watched the Preview again, heard the Howl. Guess I will try it. They must be in another part of old NYC before it was called CLoverfield at the end of the Movie.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Well I went to see it, and sure enough everything happens in the last 45 Min. I will say this Mary Elisabeth Winsted was well picked for the Role she Played. No a helpless Female in anyway. John Goodman was good at being Evil. This Monster seemed Different also.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I saw it tonight. Thought it was good but the ending is stupid. It is definitely not the same monster as cloverfield.