Thread: Concealed carrier takes out hatchet-swinging assailant in Seattle

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Concealed carrier takes out hatchet-swinging assailant in Seattle

A man stormed a 7-11 near Seattle wanting to "ax" some questions and was neutralized by a 60-year male who gets his coffee there every morning. The loyal customer happened to be packing and saved the day.

http://q13fox.com/2016/03/13/machete...omer-at-7-11/#

WHITE CENTER, Wash. -- A customer with a concealed carry permit shot and killed a masked man wielding a hatchet inside a convenience store Sunday morning, according to investigators.

The King County Sheriff's Office was called to a 7-Eleven on 8th Avenue South, near White Center, at 5:45 a.m.

The store clerk says the masked man entered the store and immediately started swinging a hatchet toward a customer -- then he turned his sights on the clerk.

Witnesses told deputies the attacker remained silent during the entire ordeal.

The clerk suffered minor injuries to his stomach, but before more damage could be done, the customer fired his pistol and hit the suspect.

Medics arrived shortly after and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

King County Sheriff's investigators say the customer who shot the man appears to have done nothing wrong, and they are happy he was there to intervene.

“Fortunately, because of this customer with his weapon, this could have been a lot worse," said King County Sheriff's Sergeant Cindi West.

"The clerk could be the one laying there dead on the floor right now.”

The 7-Eleven clerk, a 58-year-old Seattle man, says the customer, a 60-year-old Seattle man, is a regular at the store and visits it daily.

He was drinking his morning coffee when the attack began.

"The customer's a nice guy,” said another worker at the store. “He’s been coming here for about 12 years. He buys scratch tickets, in the morning time. He buys coffee. He's a good guy.”

Investigators describe the area as a quiet neighborhood and said this was the first violent incident at the store in recent memory.

The accused attacker is described only as a man in his 40s.

The King County Medical Examiner will determine the official cause of death and release the man's identity at a later date.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

expect no media coverage other then a tiny blurb for one afternoon. Now if this was an incident of a guy taking out a gun wielding attacker with a hatchet they would be talking about it for months.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

"The accused attacker is described only as a man in his 40s." So...that non-descrpition tells us something I think.

These sorts of things happen all over the country every day. NEVER national news. The national news only advocates the position that guns are dangerous and we the people would be better off if they were illegal, factual incidents like this don't support that narrative.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Trying to comprehend why age is so important, but glad the good guy with a gun proved how important gun welcome zones are.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    expect no media coverage other then a tiny blurb for one afternoon. Now if this was an incident of a guy taking out a gun wielding attacker with a hatchet they would be talking about it for months.
    Hummm, depending on how badly the Left wants this, they could run with the idea that the CCW denied the attacker his due process in a court of law. If he hadn't shot him, after the attacker had been able to kill a few people and the police had arrived and arrested him, he would have been given a lawyer and been able to present his case before a judge and jury....but noooo, the bad CCW stopped this by killing the attacker before he had a chance to get his "due process."

However, I seriously doubt the Left would stick its neck out so far on this one as it is so plain that even a blind man to see that the CCW prevented a crime, that their followers would start seeing them for who they really are.

Now, in England, I have no doubts this scenario would work....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I'm sure it was all the customer and clerks fault, the poor hatchet friendly muslim was just getting his life back on track with alla, etc etc.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I once witnessed a Mike Tyson look alike attack a skinny white hippy type using a hatchet as a weapon. He attacked the hippy for the crime of wearing a headband after telling him "whatcha doin with an indian headband - you ain't no damn indian." No one (myself included) seemed eager to intervene. The hippy was hauled off in an ambulance badly wounded. The cops showed up and arrested the black thug. Two cops got in the back seat of a cop car with him and begin to tune him up before they were even out of sight. I was shocked to see him walking the street the next day, but the police did their job he was showing signs of a severe beating. I never saw the hippy again. This occurred in an inner city neighborhood in the 70s. Those were the days. This incident one of many that caused me to begin to carry a concealed handgun once I was in my late 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Trying to comprehend why age is so important, but glad the good guy with a gun proved how important gun welcome zones are.
    I guess if you are young people expect you to be able to defeat a thug armed with an ax using some sort of Kung Foolishness.