Thread: Kellogg's Confirms Peed On Cereal Sold - And Eaten

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Kellogg's Confirms Peed On Cereal Sold - And Eaten

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/kell...ideo-1.3490684

Kellogg is "shocked and deeply disappointed" by a graphic video posted online that allegedly shows a man urinating on an assembly line that is used to make Kellogg products.

Kris Charles, a spokesperson for Kellogg Company, says law enforcement was alerted Friday, immediately after the company learned of the video. Charles says a criminal investigation is now underway, as well as a "thorough internal investigation."

Here's what the company says it knows about the video so far:

It was recorded at its Memphis, Tenn., facility, in 2014.
    Potentially affected products include Rice Krispies Treats, granola clusters used in some products, and some other puffed rice treats that Kellogg no longer makes.
    Any products that could have been affected would now be expired.
    A representative for the U.S. Food and Drug Administration did not immediately respond when asked for comment by The Associated Press.

Charles insists that Kellogg will "work closely with authorities to prosecute to the full extent of the law," adding the company is "outraged by this completely unacceptable situation."

Kellogg North American President posted an apology to customers on the company's website.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    This world is full of some really sick people.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    This world is full of some really sick people.
    And they vote Democrat, too.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Probably a union goon, as well.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Eeww. I hope serious jail time awaits this man.

Probably repackaged and sold under walmarts brand.

PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Homeboy needs a public whipping. The kind that leaves deep, deep scars.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Probably repackaged and sold under walmarts brand.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

"Part of this complete breakfast".
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Not an isolated incident

As a former county health inspector, your hair would curl if you saw some of the "food establishments" I inspected. One time, there was an aerosol can of bug spray sitting uncapped less than 3 feet from a cooked but uncovered beef roast. Another place (a truck stop) had mouse droppings in the food prep area.

Yet another time, we were informed by an employee of a fast-food fish place about the manager picking a piece of just fried fish off the floor (it had been knocked out of the basket while trying to shake off the oil) and threw it back in the fryer and served it to a customer. We also learned that this same manager allowed a fresh batch of coleslaw to be made in a dirty, unwashed tub that had been sitting on the floor with other tubs set inside it while waiting to be washed.

Ever hear of Otis Spunkmeyer cookies? A manufacturing plant that I used to do Q.C. testing in had a batch of margarine with an active bacterial count too high to ship to Spunkmeyer's bakeries. So they stuck it in the freezer until the active count dropped, then shipped it out instead of destroying the contaminated load. The running joke about this place was that the 3-letter name of the company actually stood for "Another Damn Mess"!

It continues to amaze me that there are not more cases of food poisoning reported.
    Last edited by JTHunter; 03-14-2016 at 10:55 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yuck! Glad I don't eat cereal like those.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    As a former county health inspector, your hair would curl if you saw some of the "food establishments" I inspected. One time, there was an aerosol can of bug spray sitting uncapped less than 3 feet from a cooked but uncovered beef roast. Another place (a truck stop) had mouse droppings in the food prep area.

Yet another time, we were informed by an employee of a fast-food fish place about the manager picking a piece of just fried fish off the floor (it had been knocked out of the basket while trying to shake off the oil) and threw it back in the fryer and served it to a customer. We also learned that this same manager allowed a fresh batch of coleslaw to be made in a dirty, unwashed tub that had been sitting on the floor with other tubs set inside it while waiting to be washed.

Ever hear of Otis Spunkmeyer cookies? A manufacturing plant that I used to do Q.C. testing in had a batch of margarine with an active bacterial count too high to ship to Spunkmeyer's bakeries. So they stuck it in the freezer until the active count dropped, then shipped it out instead of destroying the contaminated load. The running joke about this place was that the 3-letter name of the company actually stood for "Another Damn Mess"!

It continues to amaze me that there are not more cases of food poisoning reported.
    Gross!
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I was wondering why that one box of cereal was extra salty...

There is an Asian restaurant in town here wherein the workers were constantly pissing and crapping in the loading bay behind the restaurant when there was a perfectly functional restroom. And no, they didn't wash their hands. It must be hard to shake old habits from the homeland. Also, multiple Asian restaurants were serving food known to be spoiled when the NY-based supplier's delivery trucks had non-functioning refrigeration units. Tasty!
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003