Thread: I'm not surprised the freeloader-in-chief is doing this...

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I'm not surprised the freeloader-in-chief is doing this...

Barack Insane Hussein Gibs-Me-Dat Moabama is requesting an 18% pay raise for his post-presidency pay checks. Meanwhile, Social "Security" is drying up.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...?intcmp=hplnws

Payments

By Morgan Chalfant Published March 18, 2016 Washington Free Beacon

President Obama sought to increase the amount of money available for the federal government to spend on former presidents in advance of his White House exit.

In his budget requests for fiscal years 2016 and 2017, Obama proposed hikes in the appropriations for expenditures of former presidents, according to a report from the Congressional Research Service published Wednesday.

The report, which discusses the pensions and other federal benefits offered to former commanders-in-chief by way of the Former Presidents Act, specifies that Obama’s 2017 budget proposes a nearly 18 percent hike in appropriations for expenditures of former presidents. He successfully requested an increase in such appropriations for fiscal year 2016.

“The President’s FY2017 budget request seeks $3,865,000 in appropriations for expenditures for former Presidents, an increase of $588,000 (17.9%) from the FY2016 appropriation level. The increase in requested appropriations for FY2017 anticipates President Barack Obama’s transition from incumbent to former President,” the report reads.

“For FY2016, President Obama requested and received appropriations of $3,277,000 for expenditures for former Presidents–an increase of $25,000 from FY2015 appropriated levels.”

The Former Presidents Act, enacted in 1958, provides living former presidents with a pension, office staff and support, funds for travel, Secret Service protection, and mailing privileges. It also provides benefits for presidential spouses. Currently, former presidents are awarded a pension equal to the salary of cabinet secretaries, which totaled $203,700 for the 2015 calendar year and was boosted by $2,000 for the current calendar year.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Well, he pushed for a minimum wage for the rest of the peoples, so I'm guessing he doesn't want to be left out of the minimum wages for past Presidents.

After all, it's fair as everyone else is getting a similar raise, too. (Just ask any Dimocrat about this.)

Anyway, he's done so much for the common people of the USA, that it's only fair to pay him back for all that....

"Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

He's going to turn the screws as hard as he can in his last days in office.

Unless the nwo pulls a fast one and 0bama stays in office due to some fabricated "crisis".
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

Unless the nwo pulls a fast one and 0bama stays in office due to some fabricated "crisis".
    The only "crisis" I can see is that he's still President.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Showing his true color.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

How about an 18% pay cut?

It's for the children, you know.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    How about an 18% pay cut?

It's for the children, you know.

But, but, but, he needs that increase to pay for his children's dinner dresses. After all, the last ones cost about $20,000 each; and who knows how many more dinners he'll throw before he leaves office?.

He can't live on anything less than that increase. He's gotta look after his own kids, ya know....

He NEEDS that money....

Freedom isn't free.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I can see where he would need the money. After all, being a millionaire isn't enough since he is putting his pampered children through private schooling. Good schools are expensive, so being a millionaire isn't enough to afford the schools, so he needs the raise to cover his kids... it's for the children...

Makes me sick.

He is the perfect picture of everything wrong with the present day democratic party.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

My responce.

He's only worth 11.8 million so you gotta stay out of the poorhouse ya know.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Obama is a Government employee. There was no COLA for Civil Service Federal employees this year, therefore there should be no COLA for retired Presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post

This has been one of my concerns for over a year. Any way he can declare martial law and stay in the WH.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    This has been one of my concerns for over a year. Any way he can declare martial law and stay in the WH.

The libs said the same about Bush.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

My wife and I were talking about this. Each ex-president is expected (if not required) to maintain some administrative staff to answer letters and requests unique to being an ex-president. For those responsibilities I don't mind the nation picking up the tab. Currently there are 4 living ex-presidents, so each gets about $819,000. I would think they could maintain a minimal administrative staff and a place for them to work for about $500,000 a year, which is less than what he will get ($655,000) when he leaves the office. Raising this makes no sense, except to someone who is about to be a recipient of it and has an outsized understanding of him importance when he leaves office.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    He's only worth 11.8 million so you gotta stay out of the poorhouse ya know.
    You know he is going to be just as broke as the klintons were whet they left the White House.

he and his family have only cost the taxpayers 1.4 billion dollars so far.