Thread: The GOP plotting against Trump, now backing Cruz

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

The GOP plotting against Trump, now backing Cruz

I've heard talk of this, and now reading a few articles claiming at the very least that the GOP is at the very least doing whatever they can to stop Trump, even talks of denying him the nomination even if he wins the required majority of delegates.

I'm not going to pretend that I like Trump, I think aside from his business savvyness he's the exact wrong guy for the job, just a couple steps above the Democrat front runners.

But at the same time, I find it more than a little disgusting that the GOP seems to think hijacking the electoral process is OK! As much as I detest the fucker, if he's who the majority vote for, he's the guy they need to nominate. Or else it's as good as declaring any sense of democracy dead.http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/20...ww.google.com/
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I also find it funny that they are now starting to support Senator Cruz, a senator they despise for his stances and for his pointing out their hypocrisy, to try to stop Trump. I am not sure that Trump would be as bad as you say and I would prefer Cruz. I do not want to have Cruz as the nominee, though, if the GOP doesn't play by the established rules to make that happen.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I said about the same in another thread. If Trump gets the delegates via primary elections then he should be the guy running as Repbulican Candidate for the POTUS. Don't like him, not a Turmpster at all, Cruz has been my pick from day 1. Frankly they risk killing the party if they do not give him the nomination. OTOH I'm hoping Cruz can do enough delegate gathering to rate the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I said about the same in another thread. If Trump gets the delegates via primary elections then he should be the guy running as Repbulican Candidate for the POTUS. Don't like him, not a Turmpster at all, Cruz has been my pick from day 1. Frankly they risk killing the party if they do not give him the nomination. OTOH I'm hoping Cruz can do enough delegate gathering to rate the nomination.
    Exactly how I feel about it!

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

something has to be going on. fox news now has a poll showing john kascich beating angela klinton. how can a guy who has won 1 primary have enough clout to do this? it also shows cruz winning but not trump. are they polling in states that have yet to vote?

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuntryboy View Post
    something has to be going on. fox news now has a poll showing john kascich beating angela klinton. how can a guy who has won 1 primary have enough clout to do this? it also shows cruz winning but not trump. are they polling in states that have yet to vote?
    They are polling general voters as to who they would vote for in the general election vice polling registered Democrat and Republican voters as to who they will vote for in the primary. By looking just at the parties you don't take into account the independents and how they will vote in the general election. Remember, the primaries are just supposed to be the parties deciding, by state, who they will support to be candidate. Some states have screwed this system up by allowing open primaries but that is a quick explanation of the difference.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I read a deal where some perfesser said they can get the state governors to order their electorals to not vote for Trump if he is elected by the majority of the people.

ted-cruz-donors.jpg
    Last edited by 5.56NATO; 03-24-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Take it easy on Ariel corporation now, they are a great company to work for.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It is really hard to believe that these "old school republicans" are willing to trash the country (allowing the reign of terror by queen hillary) just because their favorite rino isn't in the lead for the nomination.

And the funny thing, Cruz is not the favorite rino, which makes me wonder, who the heck does the old school republicans want really? I don't believe I have seen that answered.

My bet is on Rubio or Kasich.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    It is really hard to believe that these "old school republicans" are willing to trash the country (allowing the reign of terror by queen hillary) just because their favorite rino isn't in the lead for the nomination.

And the funny thing, Cruz is not the favorite rino, which makes me wonder, who the heck does the old school republicans want really? I don't believe I have seen that answered.
    1st They wanted Bush, then they wanted Rubio. The power brokers don't like Cruz or Trump. The only thing reason they will support Cruz is that the 110% hate Trump because they can Not CONTROL him. He has all the money he needs, he doesn't need THEIR money. That scares the shit out of them in my analysis.