Thread: How You’ll Die When the SHTF

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

The article is pretty straight forward and I think covers the major causes of death... for the unprepared. I do think that stating that "only 3 Million Americans are prepers" is in error. Mormons are all prepers and so should be included in that number and then there are all of the government/military folks that by definition have "preps", so add them too. And finally, there are degrees of preparation and location and nature of the SHTF have a major impact on the outcome...

Myself, I can handle just about any SHTF situation short of a nuclear blast, super volcano eruption, or similar total annihilation scenario.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Same here. I am more worried about governmental responses than issues of survival- provided of course I canget to my home here.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I'm mostly concerned for my kids. They are not prepared to stay in place. In spite of me urging them to do so... I just hope that things unfold slowly enough to allow them to get to me but fast enough that they have a sense of urgency and act...

That's asking a lot I know! More than likely, it will unfold so slowly that they won't act until its too late or so fast that they won't be able to get gas along the way here or will be blocked by road blocks and such...

Wish we all lived closer to one another. I'd really like to sell my place here and get something in the TX hill country - as all of my kids could all be in that general area of TX for the next two years...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~