Thread: A good day for the range

A good day for the range

It's been over five years sense I've shot these, so it was kind of like taking them out for the first time.
    I'll try to get some pics up latter

Took out the Hakim out : It was throwing the brass a little farther than I liked, I just couldenrt get it adjusted any better tho. At 50 yards no problem keeping them in the black. But I couldn't get any good groups...My fault I was worrying more about having the gas set too high.

And the German guns : The K98 byf 42, at 50 yards even with a 6o'clock hold it was shooting high. Once I started to aim about 2" lower I started to get better results.

The Luger. It had some malfunctions, WWB 9mm, usually on the last round failures to hold open or stove pipes. I've changed every spring in this thing and I use a metgar mag. It's like it needs a little stronger ammo? Accuracy is good, if I matain a good sight picture. Damn those sights are getting small for these old eyes.

The P38: Once I got use to the horrible trigger, the hot brass hitting me in the head, going down my shirt, landing in my pocket, and on the inside of my elbow (that one hurt)... I was able to get some nice groups out of her LOL.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tr6r View Post

The P38: Once I got use to the horrible trigger, the hot brass hitting me in the head, going down my shirt, landing in my pocket, and on the inside of my elbow (that one hurt)... I was able to get some nice groups out of her LOL.
    That pistol sounds like it was custom made for the "Gangsta Hold"....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars