Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a Kel-Tec KSG

Picked up a Kel-Tec KSG

There's a pawn shop here in my town that I try to stop by at least once a month...not necessarily to buy but just in case they get a handgun or something interesting. Saturday I stopped by and saw this KSG. Figured I'd pick it up.

Comments ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Looks pretty cool. What choke is in that? CYL? I would be tempted to use it as a treestand deer slayer.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Its stock. No mods.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Read a couple of magazine tests of it that were positive. Unfortunately don't know anyone who has one, until now.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I've been wanting one for a few years. I think the KSG is one of the few modern designs that actually provides a substantial advantage over older designs.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Looks pretty cool. What choke is in that? CYL? I would be tempted to use it as a treestand deer slayer.

Can you guys have these in Canada? It would rock if you could.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

What do I know, not much really. Google is our friend however.

http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtrib...e-kel-tec-ksg/
    Reading this don't cheap out on a forward grip. Trust metal and cross bolts to secure one to the rail, not a 1 point contact in the groove of the Pic rails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzKtbSvIuEg

On the video I would comment that the user, (who isn't using a forward vertical grip ends up with his hand possibly less than 1" from the muzzle. Given the shortness of this weapon a very strong and positive hand stop is what I'd put on it if I owned one.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Can you guys have these in Canada? It would rock if you could.
    yes. They are "NON Restricted". Meaning free to own and use wherever you can legally discharge a firearm.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    What do I know, not much really. Google is our friend however.

http://thegunwriter.blogs.heraldtrib...e-kel-tec-ksg/
    Reading this don't cheap out on a forward grip. Trust metal and cross bolts to secure one to the rail, not a 1 point contact in the groove of the Pic rails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzKtbSvIuEg

On the video I would comment that the user, (who isn't using a forward vertical grip ends up with his hand possibly less than 1" from the muzzle. Given the shortness of this weapon a very strong and positive hand stop is what I'd put on it if I owned one.

Correct. I'm going to buy a aluminum rail that goes over the original.

This is a few things I'm going to pick up for it..havent looked around much so I'll be "price shopping" next.

http://www.hitechcc.com/product/HTC-101.html
    http://www.hitechcc.com/product/HTC-107.html
    http://www.hitechcc.com/product/HTC-503.html
    http://www.hitechcc.com/product/MP_G2_Sling.html
    http://www.hitechcc.com/product/HTC-SF_G2XPro.html
    -=Alex=-

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I've got one. Had it for about a year now. Had some problems with it not cycling in the next shell, but found out that it was the forearm rest I placed on it. After I shortened it, so the action would go all the way back, it works great!

Fantastic gun. Easy to carry and points naturally. I have the black furniture over brushed stainless steel metal version.

I love mine.

I started a thread somewhere where I posted some pics of it. I think it was in the General Firearms section.

Congratulations! Welcome to the Dark Side.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

This is the type of forearm mod I put on mine. It's fairly low profile. I had to shorten the end closest to the receiver to allow the slide to go all the way back.

This is the model I have, black and silver.

I, also, put folding iron sights on the top rail, like this image shows.

I use the sling that came with it.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

And all this time I thought that you were just a nerd.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    And all this time I thought that you were just a nerd.
    A nerd thats building a turbo Camaro, fabbing my own kit, rebuilding my trans to handle 1000hp oh..and I have more than just this KSG. The nerd part pays the bills and lets me have fun. LOL
    -=Alex=-

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post
    A nerd thats building a turbo Camaro, fabbing my own kit, rebuilding my trans to handle 1000hp oh..and I have more than just this KSG. The nerd part pays the bills and lets me have fun. LOL
    How do you like yours? Any photos of your mods on it?

I shot mine the other day and if functioned flawlessly. Ran through both mag tubes as fast as I could. Have a sore shoulder to prove it, too.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    How do you like yours? Any photos of your mods on it?

I shot mine the other day and if functioned flawlessly. Ran through both mag tubes as fast as I could. Have a sore shoulder to prove it, too.
    well...to be honest, I've been working on my car more than messing with my guns recently. Friday I'm planning on going to the range though. I'll test it out then.
    -=Alex=-

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnetadmin View Post
    well...to be honest, I've been working on my car more than messing with my guns recently. Friday I'm planning on going to the range though. I'll test it out then.
    Take some electrical tape with you if you have a beard. You'll understand why it'll be a good idea after you shoot it a few times....

Freedom isn't free.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

So did you ever shoot this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    So did you ever shoot this thing?
    Actually yes. This past weekend and..well.. lets say, it takes getting used to. I'm still trying to be somewhat more accurate with it. Love it though!!
    -=Alex=-

This is what I took to the range with my son.

KSG, Sub2k 9mm, LC9 and S&W Model 64 .38 SPL CTG
    -=Alex=-

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Wow, you actually own guns and posted about one instead of forum technical black magic wizardry!

Good looking Shotgun though. Been wanting one for a while, but Keltec doesn't seem to like producing things in large quantities, so they're a bit like hens teeth. Consequently, I've never shot one outside of a Call of Duty video game.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast