Thread: An interesting Red Dawn scenario

An interesting Red Dawn scenario

As you guys may or may not know, Red Dawn (the original movie version) was based upon the pentagons actual take on the most likely way Russia and its allies would invade CONUS. I figure something similar would always be the most likely scenario with very few tweaks, those tweaks being of a technological nature such as the inclusion of emp weapons employed by a 3rd party state such as NK or Iran with followups by China and Russia after their dirty work had been done for them. So here's an updated Red Dawn to consider;

How an Attack on America Would Probably Begin: Possible Courses Of Action By Foreign Military Powers
    http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...owers_04052016

Regarding the target list, I would add Omaha due to Offut close at hand as well as one of the two main telco switching centers for the entire US, most nuclear power plants and weapons labs (conventional and nbc). I agree with the assessment to use low yield airbursts as opposed to huge yields, and will likely be neutron devices so as to not harm the infrastructure and environment more than needed. However, simply hitting the 50 most populated cities will wipe out the vast majority of population as well as curtailing a huge portion of production and distribution of every kind.

The use of spetsnaz at the outset of hostilities, whose job is to assassinate leadership both political and military and to deploy wmds such as poisoning aquifers and releasing chems and bios in populated areas just prior to the actual nuclear attack. They'd also likely use backpack nukes on select targets. Of course, terrorists will take the blame, at least at the beginning. The difference between my take and his is spetsnaz are already here and have been for decades as sleeper cells, but may be reinforced just prior the festivities. Then again maybe not, 0bama is bringing in jihadis from Syria and elsewhere by the thousands and you know whose side they are on.

So, as usual, keep your powder dry.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Hell why waste the tech stuff just vote for hillary, I'm sure you will, and she will kill us off.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation

The first Film, and by far the best of the 2, because we all know the North Koreans could never Invade anyone out side of Korea, Has a scene at the End I can never forget. The Cuban COL. played by Ron O'Neil (Superfly) confronting Patrick Swayze holding his Dead Brother is priceless and rememberable! The look he gave the Cuban COL. is one of the best I have seen, the COL. let him go, just waived him off.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    The first Film, and by far the best of the 2, because we all know the North Koreans could never Invade anyone out side of Korea, Has a scene at the End I can never forget. The Cuban COL. played by Ron O'Neil (Superfly) confronting Patrick Swayze holding his Dead Brother is priceless and rememberable! The look he gave the Cuban COL. is one of the best I have seen, the COL. let him go, just waived him off.
    In the 2012 version, the North Koreans did NOT invade the U.S. In the movie, CHINA and RUSSIA teamed up to attack America. North Korea was given a small corner of the country, the Pacific Northwest, as part of their "occupation/peacekeeper" duties. Though the script still had the invaders as China and Russia, it was only mentioned in passing. All of the Chinese insignia and emblems of the enemy troops actively seen in the movie were changed digitally to North Korean, because they wanted to released the film in China. Doh.

It will never happen. Why? because we have 450 ICBM's pointed at China and Russia right now.

If China or Russia attempted to mass troops and resources for an attack of that scale our satellites would see it months in advance.

World War ended the day Russia made a nuke. Nobody is going to pull that trigger. As WOPR said "The winning move is not to play"

Now I'm not saying some nut or rogue might launch or blow up one someplace, but never on a global scale. There would be nothing left for the winner.

You want a more likely scenario read "One Second After" & "One Year After"
    Last edited by Phil125; 04-13-2016 at 11:32 PM.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

"One Second After" & "One Year After"

Great book! Everyone should read this.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    "One Second After" & "One Year After"

Great book! Everyone should read this.
    Read the sequel yet? "One year After" I'm half way through.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Didn't know there was one. Will half to get. Do you like it?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    It will never happen. Why? because we have 450 ICBM's pointed at China and Russia right now.

If China or Russia attempted to mass troops and resources for an attack of that scale our satellites would see it months in advance.

World War ended the day Russia made a nuke. Nobody is going to pull that trigger. As WOPR said "The winning move is not to play"

Now I'm not saying some nut or rogue might launch or blow up one someplace, but never on a global scale. There would be nothing left for the winner.

You want a more likely scenario read "One Second After" & "One Year After"

A rational thought, but fear is what will drive the next big war. Russia will be pressed by 0bama or a follow on US regime such as hitlary into such a position that Russia feels it has no other choice but to surprise attack. I'm guessing this point has already been reached and the date has been set. Spets will make their moves and cause chaos inside the US, to be blamed upon jihadsters or another suitable patsy, or they may use actual jihadsters. Then while the fedgov is attacking we the people as the response to the terrorist attacks, Russia will cruise missile our "leadership" into decapitation. One would think that a terrible and swift icbm and cruise missile response would come from the US after such an attack but if leadership is missing, wich is spetsnaz top priority, no launch codes are/can be given. Please note that subs haven't had the ability to launch on their own since Billy Jeff Klinton was president. Also, I have serious doubts as to wether our icbms and cruise missiles have suitable targeting data right now, I feel 0bama nuking US cities is more likely than him nuking foreign ones.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Didn't know there was one. Will half to get. Do you like it?
    pretty good so far as the title states it picks up the story one year later.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Who is the Author? by the way, I have always loved the Moto of the S.A.S. "He who Dares Wins!"
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The only reason the Russians would launch an attack on the USA is the assurance of no retaliation. The main reason the cold war finally ended was they had a high regard for life, and our idea of mutually assured destruction made them realize that there would be nothing left of their homeland if they attacked ours.

Today, with a limp excuse for president, the Russians might believe that if they launched on us, we would not retaliate with everything we have. In fact if they believe we might not retaliate at all could give them the reassurance needed that the conquest of the USA is possible. How sad that with the greatest military in the world, our generals still rightfully follow the chain of command which with the so-called leader we have, is possibly broken.

Though the Russians still have a regard for life, which is why we are still at peace with them, another group that we should be focused on, one more likely to start something within our borders has no regard for life. Those are the ones we should be worried about.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    The only reason the Russians would launch an attack on the USA is the assurance of no retaliation. The main reason the cold war finally ended was they had a high regard for life, and our idea of mutually assured destruction made them realize that there would be nothing left of their homeland if they attacked ours.
    True, with the exception that the real reason the cold war ended is something called the "economic calculation problem", which states that the lack of a market based pricing system leads to the inappropriate allocation of resources and the eventual downfall of the economy as it is burdened with inefficiencies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Econom...lation_problem

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Today, with a limp excuse for president, the Russians might believe that if they launched on us, we would not retaliate with everything we have. In fact if they believe we might not retaliate at all could give them the reassurance needed that the conquest of the USA is possible. How sad that with the greatest military in the world, our generals still rightfully follow the chain of command which with the so-called leader we have, is possibly broken.

Though the Russians still have a regard for life, which is why we are still at peace with them, another group that we should be focused on, one more likely to start something within our borders has no regard for life. Those are the ones we should be worried about.
    I would like to point out that many of the horrors of the 20'th century were perpetrated by those who supposedly had respect for human life.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

On alike note, it's rumoured that 0bama, in payback to Netanyahu, will shortly push for a un resolution on a two state Israel, one for the muslims and one for the Israelis.

0bama may end up as un fuhrer after leaving the white house and, as un fuhrer, will surround Israel with a coalition of its enemies to enforce the un will, when Israel resists the last bits of 0bama treachery, the battle of har Meggido will take place.

There was an article I was reading the other day that was alleging that the NorKs and Iranians were in cahoots with the muzzies making the nukes and the NorKs making the missiles, missiles that can reach anywhere in the Lower 48. This way, the muzzies can use and spread their terrorism while, seemingly, keeping thier fingerprints off of the destruction.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There was an article I was reading the other day that was alleging that the NorKs and Iranians were in cahoots with the muzzies making the nukes and the NorKs making the missiles, missiles that can reach anywhere in the Lower 48. This way, the muzzies can use and spread their terrorism while, seemingly, keeping thier fingerprints off of the destruction.
    That's an interesting take. I heard an interview of an emp expert who had testified before congress and helped write their emp report. He said that Russia had some time ago sold a few yankee or delta classes with one deactivated r29 icbm to NK for "scrap metal". If the subs and missile are refurbished by NK, the r29 as designed has 4 mirvs and a 8300km range, and the nuclear subs would make staying under water for months at a time as well as unlimited range possible.

pretty good so far as the title states it picks up the story one year later.
    http://www.amazon.com/One-Year-After.../dp/0765376709
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!