Thread: Treasure Trove !

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Treasure Trove !

Ran across these photos for a sale and was looking for opinions on price. The Finn M91's look pretty nice from the photos but I don't know yet how the bores look and or any markings but figured if they are as good as they look they should be worth what, $300 +/-?

In the two safe photos I see several SVT-40's, what I think is an Hakim, a Swiss straight pull of some kind, and Enfield and a Finn M28 or 28/30. Also in the last photo there is a rifle, second from the right that you can see has a detachable mag but I can't tell what it is. Any thoughts on what's in the safe and possible value? I know this isn't much to go on but wanted to see what you all could see in the pics that I might be missing. TIA

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

look like a pair of Rasheed's too.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

My wife just arrived at the sale and the SVT40's are gone, just started at 10:30 so they went as soon as they opened the door.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

finns would be good at $300 and under.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

The rifle with the mag looks like it might be a FN49... With the rest of the collection, it would stand to reason.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Nice condition wire wrapped number 4. If the bore was good it would be a nice score if the price was right. They are getting hard to find
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

with how red it is it's probably a later Hakim.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I think I see a M1 carbine in there

As I posted earlier my wife went to check it out as I had to work. She sent me photos of the cheapest Mosin which was a ratty Westinghouse M91 priced at $200. She said all the Finns were in the $350 range. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. The way these estate sales work is they run three days and everything is priced. On day one it's full price, day two they drop 25% and the third day they drop it to 50% of the sticker. The difference here is this is a three weekend sale and they won't be dropping prices until day 2 and 3 of the third weekend. As you can imagine not much will be left by then however, they told my wife there is so much stuff they will be putting out more items every weekend. For example, there was no ammo this weekend but there will be net weekend.

I'll go and see what they have but I wasn't interested in paying full retail for anything. If I could score a nice Finn M91 for say, $200-$250 I'd go for it but having sold several over the years I don't want or need to add another at full market.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I see an AG42B Lungman magazine. If you look below the mag to the buttstock there is the Swedish arsenal disc that is typical of Swedish rifles.