Thread: yep, my wife probably thinks I'm a metro sexual now...

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

yep, my wife probably thinks I'm a metro sexual now...

Ive had this wierd compulsion since I was a kid. Nail biting. Im constantly biting my nails. Sometimes to the point that they bleed. Then ehen I can't find a piece of fingernail to bite off i sometimes chew some of the skin above the nail bed. I've been aware of this compulsion for some time, but have failed to identify any triggers, though I noticed it's worse when I go a length of time without tobacco, or I'm a frustrated/ angry. I mostly just get annoyed with myself for doing it, which doesn't help, but I've ignored it since I figire I'm only hurting myself.

Recently I've become aware of my daughter starting to do the same. Just earlier tonight I was going to town on my possibly permanently disfigured finger nails, and stopped to yell at her for doing it before going right back to doing it again! And naturally She started doing it again too.

So I finally decided to make an attempt to do something about it. I got into her finger nail polish and tried hard to find the clear stuff. No avail. So I tried like hell to find the least faggy color, which proved absolutely futile. And my wife picked that time to come downstairs and catch me painting my nails black like some kind of emo high school fag. But fuck it, if it helps me and my kid kick this nasty habit I'll keep doing it. But tomorrow im making it a point to buy the clear stuff.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

There's some stuff that I used to, when my kids were younger, cover their thumbs so they wouldn't suck them. The stuff tasted nasty, but was harmless. Can't remember what it was called. It was invisible and odorless, but once it got into their mouths, it tasted terrible. After about a week of using it, they stopped putting their thumbs in their mouths.

You might want to ask a druggist what it's called and get some. That might work.

p.s.- You need to get a handle on this before you get the urge to wear pantyhose and a skirt.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Lmao! I bet I could make some money doing that if I just shaved my legs and got a tan.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".