Thread: San Bernardino gun law attempt

San Bernardino gun law attempt

our months after the San Bernardino mass shooting, state lawmakers on Tuesday gave initial approval to five gun control bills, including measures that would outlaw assault rifles with detachable magazines, ban possession of clips holding more than 10 rounds and require homemade guns to be registered with the state.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...419-story.html

The boldened portion I thought interesting. See how they take advantage of every crisis to further their agenda? Also note that the guns used by the muslims in San Bernardino were legally purchased (however by a straw man) according to the Brady bill.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    our months after the San Bernardino mass shooting, state lawmakers on Tuesday gave initial approval to five gun control bills, including measures that would outlaw assault rifles with detachable magazines, ban possession of clips holding more than 10 rounds and require homemade guns to be registered with the state.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...419-story.html

The boldened portion I thought interesting. See how they take advantage of every crisis to further their agenda? Also note that the guns used by the muslims in San Bernardino were legally purchased (however by a straw man) according to the Brady bill.

Democratic state Sens. Isadore Hall of Compton and Steve Glazer of Orinda introduced the measure, SB 880, in response to the discovery of a gun with a bullet button that was in the possession of the San Bernardino terrorists.
    Ah so I see, if it DIDN'T have a "bullet button", it would have been safe and the terrorists would not have killed anyone?

Hancock noted that four large-capacity magazines were found among the weapons of the two shooters in San Bernardino. Since 1980, 435 people have been killed in 50 mass shootings involving large-capacity magazines, some of which can hold 100 rounds of ammunition, she said.
    Ah so I see, if they used a 10 round magazine, it would have been safe and the terrorists would not have killed anyone?

“For years, gun owners have been able to circumvent California’s assault weapons law by using a small tool to quickly eject and reload an ammunition magazine,” Hall said.
    Ah so I see, obeying the letter of the law is a "loophole" that "circumvents" the law?

“These weapons of war don’t belong in our communities,” Glazer told the Senate panel before it approved the measure he coauthored with Hall.
    Ah so I see, a black rifle that "looks military" is horribly dangerous and "doesn't belong in communities" but a hunting rifle (that probably fires a larger, more powerful round) is safe and endangers no one?

Oh... and I see... if this absurd law were in place before the shootings, the terrorists would have obeyed and no one would have been killed.

IDIOTS!!!!!!!
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

how bout... ban islam instead.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

"Since 1980, 435 people have been killed in 50 mass shootings involving large-capacity magazines, some of which can hold 100 rounds of ammunition, she said."

A shame for those killed in mass shootings, but I imagine that today that number is killed every week in the US with black on black violence alone.
    Black on black violence that seldom if ever uses salt wepins.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Alright cali, go ahead and ban them all. See if that fixes your problem.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Let's see the manufacturers ban sales of ALL weapons to the state & local LEOs.

Goose meet gander.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Great idea. Won't happen though. Too many $ signs lost that way.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Barrett did exactly that IIRC.

Exactly how many LE agencies buy heavy caliber rifles from Barett? I doubt that hurt them nearly as bad as Cali banning their .50 BMG rifles from civilians. Most big companies won't do it.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    how bout... ban islam instead.
    THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Exactly how many LE agencies buy heavy caliber rifles from Barett? I doubt that hurt them nearly as bad as Cali banning their .50 BMG rifles from civilians. Most big companies won't do it.

I really don't know why politicians have such a hard-on for .50 cal rifles.

My dad was a WW-II nose gunner in a B-24 bomber. He got a LOT of training with shotguns and 50 cal MG's in the rear of a truck, wildly driving around trying to learn how to lead and shoot at moving targets before he went out on missions.

Even with training, tracers and dual full auto Brownings, it's no easy task to hit an airplane, yet the idiot politicians think a single shot (or even 10 shot semi-auto) .50 cal, if aimed up into the sky, will precisely seek out and take down an airplane flying at 35K feet altitude or more.

Don't they know... only a Ruger 10-22 can do that!!!

(besides, who's gonna waste $5.00 a shot of .50 BMG ammo to shoot at an airplane anyway?)
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!