Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
Update: Is the Bass Pro/ Cabela’s Deal Falling Through?

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2017/...ard-operation/

Steve
A great post from William Young regarding Cabela vs Bass Pro in the article:

I think this merger is a very bad idea. Bass pro has a completely different idea of store operation than Cabelas. Most of the clothing and equipment at Bass Pro is geared for a cheaper market and all of their store brand (Redhead) gear and clothing is junk. The people that work at Bass Pro are generally shelf stockers and usually have little if any product knowledge. I (and most of the people I know that are hunters and gun people) do not go there just for that reason. Must of their name brand merchandise is overpriced
As for the Cabelas store near me, The Cabelas line of product is usually top rate if even a bit expensive. They have a large inventory of anything you may need. The store people and knowledgeable and helpful but may be a bit hard to find at times due to the large number of customers in the store all the time. Another point on the personnel that work in the store. I know some and they have been there since the store opened. Very little turnover in staff and they know their shit when you talk to them. As a consumer I am very afraid that Bass Pro taking over Cabelas will ruin the Cabelas "brand" as they will make the culture of the stores more like that Bass pro stores.