Thread: One shot from my English trade gun.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

One shot from my English trade gun.

Took a couple shots with the smooth bore. Quite a bit of windage on the bullets because it is a .62 bore and i was shooting .575 bullets. Round ball. Wadding over ball. No patch. The two shots hit about a foot apart. That is within the acceptable level for what i am doing with it.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Looks like fun...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Cool !!!

How are you able to shoot that where you are? My buddies in NB can only shoot in authorized ranges certified to the specific calibers we are shooting. IE: AR15s.

BISHOP

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

AR15 is a restricted firearm in Canada. Requires a range like your buddies are shooting at. A flint lock musket in Canada is not recognized as a firearm under Canadian law. So different rules for storage, possession and transportation. You won't see me making any centerfire rifle videos in the summer unless i am at an actual range, which my gunsmith has on his property. It is musket and shotgun for me until the fall. Nova Scotia law allows shotgun on private farmland all year round. So the rest of my fooling around on the farm will be this thing or shotgun for the next few months. Your buddies chose the wrong type of firearm if they want to fool around on private property.
    Last edited by rci2950; 05-01-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Cool

Muzzle loading flintlocks are always fun. Good to hear that Canada isn't anal about a muzzle loader.