Thread: Russia offered to help Canada with its wildfire...

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Russia offered to help Canada with its wildfire...

Being a Canadian I think we should have accepted the offer. Let me know if I am wrong but i see it as an olive branch. Gives us a chance to work together on something and possibly ease tension. Maybe i am naive but wouldn't it be better if we all got along? Is there something written somewhere that we have to be at each other all the time?

http://sputniknews.com/environment/2...sian-help.html

On Thursday, Russian Minister of Civil Defense, Emergencies and Disaster Relief Vladimir Puchkov said that Moscow was ready to send firefighting aircraft to Canada to help deal with the Alberta wildfire.

The spokesman noted that the Canadian government has a mechanism in place for mutual firefighting support with other nations, including some specific agreements.

A wildfire near Fort McMurray, a city located in Canada's oil-rich western province of Alberta, was discovered late on Sunday before spreading into the city on Tuesday. On Wednesday, Alberta declared a state of emergency as the number of evacuees

surpassed 80,000. At least 1,600 buildings have been affected by the fire.

According to the authorities, over 1,110 firefighters, 145 helicopters and 138 pieces of heavy equipment are fighting the fires.

The latest media reports suggest that the fires in the province have spread over an area of 328.2 square miles.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I agree with allowing Russia to help out. A better cooperation between nations couldn't hurt.

Eventually, maybe they could become allies. There would be a lot of differences to overcome, but it's worth a try.

I'd rather have Russia as an ally compared to some of the muslim nations Obamanation is trying to be allies with.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

A long time Friend of mine from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, a Inspector and former Staff Sergeant Major, is the Officer in Charge of the St. Albert Detachment. He Informed me, He has sent Forces to that Part of Alberta to help out. He said they are over 200 Miles from the Fires. St. Albert is near Edmonton, the Capitol of Alberta. That Part is safe for now.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

How much help has the USA supplied?

I've heard nothing on the news channels about it, just facebook and the weather channels. Nothing from the pResedent.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    How much help has the USA supplied?

I've heard nothing on the news channels about it, just facebook and the weather channels. Nothing from the pResedent.
    I don't think any. I could be wrong but only help i heard about was some Mexican firefighters were sent up and are currently in Alberta helping and russia offered... but was denied.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Everybody is hatin' on Uncle Vlad and they'd rather see their backyard burn at everyone's expense than to accept an offer for help.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Sorry to hear the USA can't help it's only good neighbor... Only to be expected with what is in the Whitehut, after all Whitey Lives don't matter...

I have seen reports on Fox News now. Maybe something will happen.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Sorry to hear the USA can't help it's only good neighbor... Only to be expected with what is in the Whitehut, after all Whitey Lives don't matter...

I have seen reports on Fox News now. Maybe something will happen.
    Canada isn't mulsim enough for Obama to help them.

Not sure I'd want any help from him, anyway. Look what he's done with all the help he's given to the ME.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I don't think any. I could be wrong but only help i heard about was some Mexican firefighters were sent up
    canada may now have some new firefighters. don't let them out of your sight.