Thread: Arts and Crafts

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Arts and Crafts

Had some spare time and a cast paperweight grenade body. Decided to make a surprise for my 12 year old nephew. So i filed off all the casting marks and most of the blemishes. Used rat tail file to open the hole in the bottom a bit and curve the opening in. Body filled the hole and then sanded to blend it in. Primed then sanded a few times. Then I let it dry overnight. This morning i painted it olive drab. Then used my printer to make a stencil for the labelling. Used an Exacto knife to cut out the tiny letters. Arranged, taped and used my kids paint brush and my the wife's toll paint to create the lettering. That part kinda screwed up but it is good enough for what i was going for. Then the last step, Add the detonator. Fake one of course. I might also fill the inside with spray foam tonight. I think he will be excited to get this on Saturday.

Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

That looks pretty good.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

So, it's a fake....uh, huh....stick with that story no matter what happens....it'll go easier on you....plausible deniability just might work....

Looks good.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars