Thread: Just a quiet day in the country ...

Just a quiet day in the country ...

A buddy of mine owns a few miles (not just acres) outside of town ... the club I belong to doesn't allow FA so its one of the few places I have to shoot my M16.

The quietness started with my Colt Sporting SBR; a generic upper with a 8" barrel in a 12" tube ... For now it's using the YHM Ti 30 caliber can. Next was the AR-57 on the M16 lower ... I just got a F/A bolt, runs beautifully with the right buffer using both the Octane 45 and the F1 9mm pistol suppressor ... The only thing that is easier to control in FA is the CMMG dedicated 22 PDW upper which was next; It's so easy to control you can write your name in F/A; I ran a few rounds through the G-19 a bit too with my Form-1 can, and lastly was AUG A2 ... also quieted with the YHM Phantom Ti 30

... Anyway, it was a very quiet day!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

wheres the video...

Its nice to have a place to go shoot eh? A family friend has a similar plot of land. 875 acres. Thats where most of my shooting videos are made. Get a go pro used somewhere. They come in real handy.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice family you have there!

I've got an older Flip I keep in the truck but it seems like if I don't plan ahead the battery is always dead ... and this was a spur of the moment thing ... I would have liked to get a minute or so of the AR-57 ... But here's an old one doing a couple mag dumps with the 22 and I think 100 rounds with the belt-fed ... I'm short so it's difficult to lean into it shooting off the truck bed ... it looks like I needed to tighten up the bipod a bit too

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Cool toys as usual. LOL yeah you do need to tighten the base on that bi-pod.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Sounds like a great "quiet" day!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

NICE!!!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Awesome!!!!!! Hey do you use subsonic rounds in the .223 guns? MN became a silencer state finally not long ago, I really need to start buying some suppressors.....

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Awesome!!!!!! Hey do you use subsonic rounds in the .223 guns? MN became a silencer state finally not long ago, I really need to start buying some suppressors.....
    I don't ... shooting subsonic 223 is about like shooting a 22 ...

When shooting supersonic 223 through a suppressor, you still get the sonic crack but its much easier on the shooter ... typically I don't use hearing protection but it is recommended.

So I wanted to go out yesterday ... I got the AR57 barrel cut down to 8" ... thought I'd take the 300BO and MK III to round things out, but by the time I got ready it was storming and the weatherman was saying there was golf-ball size hail headed our way ... so I just took a picture

I know ... I really need to get a different color brass bag to catch my 5.7 brass